Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elvis Presley birth anniversary today....
yep...

the "king of rock and roll",Elvis Aron Presley, would have turned 80 years old today(had he still been alive)...

its debatable who did actually start "rock and roll" as we knew it in the 1050s, and just as debatable as to who the greatest rocker ever was...
some say Little Richard,some Chuck Berry,Jerry Lee,Carl Perkins or even Bill Haley....
but to tens of millions arounf the globe Elvis Presley still is "#1"....

in his lifetime he sold well over one hundred million albums and singles worldwide(that figure fo albums alone now officially stands at one billion albums and counting accoding to the RIAA)....

he also made 33 movies(mostly forgettable) between 1956-1972, each were worldwide box office hits...Elvis was also the first actor to make a million dollars US as a paid actor....

he only ecieved three Grammy's duing his lifetime, and all of them were for his gospel material, not his rock/pop material....

so, on this day of remembrance i link my favourite Presley track of all time....

[video=youtube;9CMlYVu9J4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CMlYVu9J4g[/video]
You might want to take this Thread back and give it a fresh look. No doubt written in the heat of passion but it's a mess...and remember on the Web, your words live forever.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this thread - it's fine as it is. Stop pulling everyone's comments apart - it's becoming tedious.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:There's absolutely nothing wrong with this thread - it's fine as it is. Stop pulling everyone's comments apart - it's becoming tedious.

I'm not arguing intent (that's marvelous), merely execution, which as I said, is a misspelled, ungrammatical mess. Here's Te Deum (or tedium) for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cVxzZqTFJw << If I''m found tedious, ignore me--it's easy enough to do.
I can be thrown off the Board but won't otherwise be constrained. Or are you saying we can throw all standards overboard in the ecstasy of the moment? Asking politely for a re-write doesn't ascend to "High Crimes and Misdemeanors"--it was merely (and I do mean merely) a request. And I'm not one to go the weasely, back-door PM route either. Have a nice day.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yep...

the "king of rock and roll",Elvis Aron Presley, would have turned 80 years old today(had he still been alive)...

its debatable who did actually start "rock and roll" as we knew it in the 1050s, and just as debatable as to who the greatest rocker ever was...
some say Little Richard,some Chuck Berry,Jerry Lee,Carl Perkins or even Bill Haley....
but to tens of millions arounf the globe Elvis Presley still is "#1"....

in his lifetime he sold well over one hundred million albums and singles worldwide(that figure fo albums alone now officially stands at one billion albums and counting accoding to the RIAA)....

he also made 33 movies(mostly forgettable) between 1956-1972, each were worldwide box office hits...Elvis was also the first actor to make a million dollars US as a paid actor....

he only ecieved three Grammy's duing his lifetime, and all of them were for his gospel material, not his rock/pop material....

so, on this day of remembrance i link my favourite Presley track of all time....

[video=youtube;9CMlYVu9J4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CMlYVu9J4g[/video]

I like your tribute CH - tpyos and lla! :nod:
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Let us get into misspelling and being ungrammatically incorrect shall we...and I quote:

"in an misspelled and etc etc"

The word "an" does not belong infront of a word whose first letter is a consonant...
"an" should only appear if the word that follows starts with a vowel ie: A E I O U

He who lives in a glass house should never throw stones.
I corrected my trifling error. Here's MSN's tribute in pictures: http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/gallery/e...ss-AA7Tkkz
American Trilogy puts a tear in my eyes and a shiver up my spine!!!!!

[video=youtube;gbE1Dg-4fvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbE1Dg-4fvI[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Here's his '68 comeback special--seems to have aged quite a bit in the 5 years between these vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha9qayY_PWw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  it was fifty years ago today... CRAZY-HORSE 4 59 31-08-2019, 17:13
Last Post: Musicman
  Do you think that there is too much music today ? SteveO 30 3,799 12-10-2018, 09:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Elvis Costello battles cancer! CRAZY-HORSE 2 393 10-07-2018, 14:05
Last Post: SteveO
  the top50 Elvis Presley songs in the UK CRAZY-HORSE 0 277 17-08-2017, 02:35
  it was 30 years ago today.... CRAZY-HORSE 3 375 30-06-2017, 18:43
Last Post: Music Head
  it was forty years ago today.... CRAZY-HORSE 0 368 21-05-2017, 05:59
  Elvis Presley.... CRAZY-HORSE 11 1,814 16-08-2016, 09:28
  Neil Young "no where, no way" to play protest songs today CRAZY-HORSE 0 516 21-06-2016, 14:12
  Birth, Death and In Between James Eyne 1 802 25-12-2015, 16:53
Last Post: SteveO
  Elvis, Beatles, or Michael Jackson. SammyIbanez 24 5,733 14-10-2015, 05:06
Last Post: SammyIbanez