Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nomination: The Beatles
[Image: image-placeholder-title.jpg]

THE BEATLES (1962-1970)....Genre - Rock

9 BEATLES VOTES HAVE BEEN POSTED SO FAR !

I am not going to shower numerous accolades on this group...it's all been said before over the past 48 years ! Before I start this article, I find that the younger generation in some instances only judge The Beatles by their early albums and the singles She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand...explore their work starting at the album Rubber Soul from 1965..their first release of original material and you may be surprised !
This past Thursday, February 9th, 1964 marked the 48th anniversary of The Fab Four's appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show ! I remember watching them as if it were yesterday. It was the beginning of The British Invasion and music would never be the same !..and I was never the same !
I have first hand knowledge of The Beatles since I spent my teen years with them as they were evolving into one of the most if not the most influential rock n roll band in history !..remember this is my opinion and I am stating this fact because they were very popular and just plain Cool in their hey day ! and the Music ...unforgettable and masterful !
The Fab Four hailed from Liverpool, England.... Paul McCartney- bass guitar, piano and vocals, John Lennon - rhythm guitar, piano and vocals, George Harrison - lead guitar and vocals and Ringo Starr - drums, percussion and vocals. They cite American rockers Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Carl Perkins and Gene Vincent as their major influences among others.

The group only lasted nine years however in that short time span they released some of the most unforgettable music in rock history ! Out of their 13 albums some of them appear in The Best Rock Albums category even to this day - Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road and The White album are regarded as bonified classic albums...also Magical Mystery Tour and Let It Be to a lesser degree. They have over 25 top ten singles and in 1965 the Top Five singles on the charts in the USA were all Beatle songs !!! Their songs are covered by several artists too many to name here ! Some observers say that classically trained producer George Martin was in part responsinble for their success, He indeed embellished The Beatle Sound however Paul and John were the original crafstmen of the stripped down version of the song ! Lennon and McCartney wrote most of the songs either together or own their own, Paul's songs were more of the pop/ballad vein and John's had more of a hard edge and heaviness to them.

Their influence, popularity and originality was unprecedented at the time. Their music consisted of pop, hard rock, experimental and folk ! When one hears the word Pop music they cringe ! The Beatles POP music was not exactly pop as we know it...the POP refers to POPULAR music ! There was no hype with these four lads, just great original rock music ! I know first hand as I lived the era as a teen ! They were and still are AMAZING ! I listen to them almost every day !

SOUND SAMPLES...just a few of several I could have posted..it was a difficult [b]decision !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7JjJJZi1Q - HELP !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78 - Revolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM0IDLAntVM - Hey Jude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA9maAERDAs - Twist and Shout[/b]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Yep, The Beatles should be in the mix
Naloba soko ya muyembi mibale Franco na Pepe Kalle. Nayeba muyembi mibale pamba te nzembo na bango.
Grand Maitre Franco Giantafrique Pepe Kalle
The original Beatles Nomination thread was inadvertinently deleted ! I recovered the introduction but all of the 6 YES voters' posts are gone. Just to set the record straight...could I get the YES votes posted here again from Music Head, Crazy Horse, evilB, Danielkr94, Tiggi,
and one I forgot...perhaps it was LMD ? ...unless you've changed your mind ...lol

Thanks for the assistance and sorry for the inconvenience !
Jeez... You let The Beatles in and who is next? The Who?!? (I think you could pretty much assume unanimous consent on this one SteveO. Just sayin')
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
So it's a YES for you, Gater ?
gater Wrote:Jeez... You let The Beatles in and who is next? The Who?!? (I think you could pretty much assume unanimous consent on this one SteveO. Just sayin')
They are the only band from back in the day that I dig. RIP Davey Jones.
that's just too much

[Image: 4.gif]

uh, not to be an asshole or anything, but... you know what, never mind actually

hatchetman Wrote:They are the only band from back in the day that I dig. RIP Davey Jones.
Boy this thread is turning out well !!!!...LOL
YES! Absolutely!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nomination: Mark Knopfler Ruby 9 4,817 13-11-2016, 20:57
Last Post: MissNSporty
  Nomination: Queen C_woldt 9 4,219 27-10-2016, 15:39
Last Post: MFS
  Nomination- And Now Booker T.& The MG'S oldies65 1 2,744 25-09-2016, 16:32
Last Post: SteveO
  Neil diamond - nomination !!!! Md hall of fame SteveO 9 2,798 20-09-2016, 08:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Nomination- Smokey Robinson oldies65 3 1,653 03-09-2016, 21:00
  Nomination-Wilson Pickett oldies65 2 1,244 11-08-2016, 23:43
  Nomination-Eddie Kendricks oldies65 18 3,091 06-08-2016, 02:33
  Nomination: Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Tiggi 17 8,434 25-04-2016, 11:28
  Nomination-Lou Rawls oldies65 5 2,107 11-04-2016, 19:45
  Nomination-Jerry Butler oldies65 1 1,449 22-02-2016, 00:19