Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
rely need feedback
#1
hi everyone i want feed back for my new track!
hope you can help me (want to be a better producer)

https://soundcloud.com/smeddo/dirty-beat...-heaven-ft
Reply
#2
we don't need any more producers
what we need is a little less producing
and a little more of making of music

Reply
#3
I agree 100% MH - Most of the so-called 'producers' these days are people pressing buttons on a computer keyboard. They tend to think this makes them a musician as well. That's why the 'music' coming from these 'producers' all sounds the same. No spark, no creativity, no emotion & no way I'm going to buy it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#4
I like it! Don't have much to say other than it sounds like it's well made, I enjoyed the character of the sounds.
Reply
#5
Jerome Wrote:I agree 100% MH - Most of the so-called 'producers' these days are people pressing buttons on a computer keyboard. They tend to think this makes them a musician as well. That's why the 'music' coming from these 'producers' all sounds the same. No spark, no creativity, no emotion & no way I'm going to buy it.

perhaps to some extent you are right, but in this case it is not so!
I myself have been doing music all my life, gone to music school and played in bands, etc. so you do not think it's any kind of creativity in my songs without all sound the same? you can not draw all over a line
Have not asked anyone to buy my music, soundcloud is free.
Reply
#6
I was actually replying to MH's post. But I tell you what - I will listen to your track and post a review later this week. I will call it as I see it. I don't understand what you mean by 'you can not draw all over a line' ??!??
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#7
OK so I started listening to this - from the word go - the same old doof, doof, doof 'drum'beat you hear on just about every track these days - no variation, no dynamics, no feel. Just plain old copy and paste samples. By the time I got to the fake handclap I had had enough. Sorry - don't like it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#8
Yeah think the track is well produced, not to keen on the vocal sounds a bit heavy on the melodyne.

Everything else sounds tight and well compressed, always a fan of sidechain compression to get that 'doof doof' (as some people put it) cutting through.

The Roland TR808 (hand clap) was first produced back in 1980 and has been used on many great and successful records..

The only thing i will suggest to @Jerome or @MH is that you don't look through the Electro/Techno/House forum if you clearly don't like or appreciate the hard work and hours aspiring producers put into there work... in this particular genre.

Its like me saying to a new band 'ah hate that country pop song you played, it has the same A/B structure, the same chord progression and the same tone and vocal range we've been hearing for the last 30 years..'

there response:
"ah well.. we choose to use these structures and chord progressions and sing at the range we do.. its because its proven that it sells records and that it makes it easier for us to market our music to the correct audience and the genre of music we are aspiring to develop into..."

Strange analogy but i dunno makes sense to me.

But fairplay everyone is entitled to their own opinion..
Reply
#9
The vocals are very good! Is this prog house music? I have no clue what genre it is Smeddo! I like sounds so I pretty much listen to all music except for the repitious rap music and pop stars. I am more of an album guy! Random Access Memories and Disclosure's Settle are two great albums IMHO!..they fall in the EDM category in some instances!

Welcome aboard MD, and thanks for sharing!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#10
SonnetMusic Wrote:....The only thing i will suggest to MH is that you don't look through the Electro/Techno/House forum if you clearly don't like or appreciate the hard work and hours aspiring producers put into there work... in this particular genre.....
not the first time I've heard that
and you're probably right
monitoring the posts is in my job description as a moderator
If I have to look at or listen to, I should be entitled to comment
fact is, when something sucks, someone has to tell the world
might as well be me

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feedback for this two tracks? Ben Powers 0 1,256 15-10-2016, 13:59
Last Post: Ben Powers
  Need Feedback Acies 6 2,878 07-05-2016, 02:05
Last Post: Jerome
  I need feedback and advise!! Rasmus Sørensen 1 1,289 09-04-2016, 18:08
Last Post: Inna Selez
  New Single Preview !!! I need a lot of feedback here. :D Unstoppable 3 2,320 30-11-2015, 15:49
Last Post: Unstoppable
  New Electro/House-Mix: Need Feedback djdecay 0 1,038 13-12-2012, 12:08
Last Post: djdecay
  New to the forums and looking for feedback on my music VitoAdjei 3 1,965 06-09-2012, 12:37
Last Post: herr x

Forum Jump: