Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Arctic Monkeys "tranquility Base Hotel & Casino
#1
[Image: 220px-Tranquility_Base_Hotel_%26_Casino_%28AM%29.jpg]

ARCTIC MONKEYS "tranquillity Base Hotel & Casino"

Spotify listen...

I listened to this, their sixth album, last week and didn't like it but I didn't know why...
and I needed a reason to not like it even though I'm not a fan of the band...
so, I listened again and it all makes perfectly sense now...
I love it!
hearing hints of psychedelia, jazz, alt pop...
hearing sounds of Edwynn Collins from UK 1980s band Orange Juice...
also hearing Aussie band Flash And The Pan...
a real surprise for me to like one of their albums....

unfortunately my favourite track isn't available (the worlds first ever monster truck front flip) so here is the single:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
^Lol! Talk about mixed messages!  Big Grin 
Don't know this band so I listened a little bit - probably not gonna be for me, but I thought I heard vestiges of a Bowie sort of sound going on.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#3
(25-05-2018, 16:04)Ruby Wrote: ^Lol! Talk about mixed messages!  Big Grin 
Don't know this band so I listened a little bit - probably not gonna be for me, but I thought I heard vestiges of a Bowie sort of sound going on.

they've actually come a long way musically since their debut Ruby:
I still like this track though I'm not a fan...



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #8

courtesy of Spotify

nice change up for me
a fan but I have nothing
I like this album

live clip




Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 39 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 139 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 125 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 96 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 204 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 276 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 229 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 335 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 239 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 265 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: