Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is 'Electronic'?
#11
Hey - I was young and foolish - and ridiculously impressed by a guy wearing eyeliner!
Reply
#12
Autechre, Unkle ...
Reply
#13
Autechre is somewhat associated with my favorite electronic group, Coil (old school post-TG "industrial" for the win). I wonder if I should check them out... Hmm.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#14
Autechre is worth checking out if you like Coil. But I don't think of them as a good duo to listen to if you're just new to electronic music. They're not always that accessible.

I think the only Unkle album worth getting is Psyence Fiction. That's because its mostly done by DJ Shadow. DJ Shadow is someone to look into if you're new to electronic music. Especially his album Endtroducing....
Reply
#15
I will check Autechre out sometime, then. Basically all of the electronic music I like (as pretentious as this sounds) isn't really a good starting place for new listeners. I've only heard one Unkle song... I can't recall the name.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#16
JonG Wrote:I think the only Unkle album worth getting is Psyence Fiction. That's because its mostly done by DJ Shadow. DJ Shadow is someone to look into if you're new to electronic music. Especially his album Endtroducing....

War Stories isn't that bad.
Reply
#17
Okay I've listened to Aphex Twin and Squarepusher.

I don't think I could listen to much of this without feeling the need to be under the influence. Not listening to at home music but I can see the attraction.

I'll try Unkle and Coil next - they seem to be a bit different

All very interesting!
Reply
#18
Coil is far less accessible, in most cases, than either of those two musicians. I don't know about Unkle, though.

Anyone have any recommendations for me (in terms of electronic music)? I am willing to give anything a try and the level of accessibility isn't a problem... I have a couple of Merzbow albums (or did on my old PC) after all. I am going to look into Autechre pretty soon.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#19
I always recommend Pan Sonic to people who tend towards industrial. They are not industrial, but certainly experimental. Sometimes they're loud and harsh, sometimes ambient.

Fennesz - He makes beautiful music made by heavily processed guitar.

Vladislav Delay - glitch, dub, clicks, ambient

AGF - she has a new album out called Dance Floor Drachen. "A solo producer and frequent collaborator with a reputation for philosophically artistic electronic music." - AMG
Reply
#20
Thanks a lot JonG. Your input is appreciated. I'll look into all of those.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about this Electronic(progressiv Track? Ben Powers 3 2,455 10-07-2020, 02:42
Last Post: Jerome
  Electronic Drums Mecc 3 1,858 06-05-2020, 09:12
Last Post: Jerome
  Vaporwave discussion -a post-internet electronic genre? pachubatinath 11 6,225 15-08-2019, 11:23
Last Post: swex
  What types of electronic music do you like? goth metal raver 10 4,919 22-04-2017, 04:11
Last Post: Jerome
  Check Out This Dope girls New style of Electronic Music elveistmage 0 1,249 25-11-2016, 16:07
Last Post: elveistmage
  New Electronic song VB4$! - cHildhood VB4$! 3 2,082 11-10-2016, 11:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amnesiac Dream - Fuze. Avant Garde\Electronic Anjey Varivoda 0 1,211 27-07-2016, 15:03
Last Post: Anjey Varivoda
  2016 Billboard Music Awards - Dance/Electronic WINNERS Inna Selez 0 1,555 23-05-2016, 15:10
Last Post: Inna Selez
  Brigade - Homesick [Electronic] Brigade 3 2,146 10-05-2016, 00:35
Last Post: Brigade
  #Downtempo #electronic E.P. > Need opinions Johnteki 7 4,292 26-11-2015, 10:24
Last Post: Farris

Forum Jump: