The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl?
#1
I apologize if a thread like this already exists on the site. I'm still new here.

Just wondering if people are still buying physical copies of albums. For me, I always will. I have never, and never will, download music. I'll always pay for my music, simply because it cost money to produce, record and market an album. Its blindingly obvious that the industry has taken a dive in the past ten years. I blame this on the loss of the studios. In times past, the studios had there guaranteed money in the band artist, so they could afford to take a chance on some new blood. Now, without the album sales, no studio is willing to do that. Like any business, if there's no money going in, there wont be money going out.

I could go on and on on this subject but I'm interested in getting other peoples opinions.

Cheers.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl? - by metalife - 12-07-2014, 15:57
RE: Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl? - by Jerome - 26-08-2020, 13:58
RE: Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl? - by SteveO - 27-08-2020, 14:01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 434 98,105 16-04-2026, 01:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My Vinyl Collection Music Head 2 1,355 08-12-2024, 22:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my parents' vinyl collection CRAZY-HORSE 14 4,476 06-01-2023, 05:21
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my Dad's vinyl... CRAZY-HORSE 38 15,073 11-08-2020, 04:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  the vinyl revival continues: CRAZY-HORSE 10 4,756 05-02-2017, 09:43
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Vinyl outstrips digital music sales in UK bob_32_116 6 3,786 10-12-2016, 01:53
Last Post: bob_32_116
  UK vinyl charts turn 1 this week CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,730 15-04-2016, 07:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  who loves vinyl? oldies65 7 2,917 10-06-2015, 15:40
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Me and My Vinyl Engine ! gryphon 6 3,101 25-01-2012, 15:14
Last Post: Jerome
  "abbey road" US vinyl sales CRAZY-HORSE 7 4,033 12-01-2012, 22:05
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: