07-10-2019, 15:45
Welcome to the forum.
I had a similar experience growing up - no pop music in my house - classical music and classic movies shown at home only - no cinema going allowed. It was Enid Blyton and Julie Andrews-land on steroids - severely religious. I had no idea who Elvis Presley and the Beatles were until long after the formative years - completely passed me by. There was shock and horror when I discovered Pink Floyd.
A large part of the soundtrack of my life at that time was a 500 pipe church organ. Not a walk in the park to master, from what I recall. Classical guitar and symphony concerts I went to willingly, and I'm grateful for those experiences, but I doubt I'll darken a church doorway again, unless under exceptional circumstances.
I had a similar experience growing up - no pop music in my house - classical music and classic movies shown at home only - no cinema going allowed. It was Enid Blyton and Julie Andrews-land on steroids - severely religious. I had no idea who Elvis Presley and the Beatles were until long after the formative years - completely passed me by. There was shock and horror when I discovered Pink Floyd.
A large part of the soundtrack of my life at that time was a 500 pipe church organ. Not a walk in the park to master, from what I recall. Classical guitar and symphony concerts I went to willingly, and I'm grateful for those experiences, but I doubt I'll darken a church doorway again, unless under exceptional circumstances.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

