28-08-2016, 17:50
Yeah, that is what I realized when I couldn't do a symphony or a piano concerto and is why I wrote a sonata instead(or at least tried to). I don't know why my composition book was lost though but it has been lost since I tried to finish writing the sonata. So I have an unfinished sonata somewhere but I have never been able to find it. And while theoretically I could turn notebook paper into musical paper or use plain paper and draw the staves myself, that is much harder than using a composition book, especially the plain paper method where you draw the staves yourself. I mean, I might understand "Okay, despite the wobble, this is Bb in the 2nd octave." or whatever it is but somebody else might mistake that note for a G or a D or some other note. Everything but the staves I can get to look right. If I try to draw a staff, I get wobbling lines and sometimes even crossing lines.
So yeah, I have an unfinished sonata that despite years of trying to find it, I can't.
Because of that, I haven't been composing much. If I hadn't lost it, who knows how many sonatas and other pieces I would have written during those several years. I might have written a symphony even if that composition book hadn't disappeared.
So yeah, I have an unfinished sonata that despite years of trying to find it, I can't.
Because of that, I haven't been composing much. If I hadn't lost it, who knows how many sonatas and other pieces I would have written during those several years. I might have written a symphony even if that composition book hadn't disappeared.

