Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ultimate music connection
SteveO Wrote:I have always contended that the greatest thrill an artist must have is when their fans sing to the artist! In this case the recipient is mega song writer and record producer Nile Rodgers! He performed and wrote Get Lucky on Daft Punk's tremendously uplifting album Random Access Memories!

[video=youtube;Fjv2Sz2CWWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjv2Sz2CWWc[/video]

I COMPLETLY AGREE ....ITs happened to me a few times on stage...literally gave me Goosebumps.... THERE AINT NO FEELING LIKE IT!
First of all, welcome to the Great MD, Zebra! Is Zebra and the Bandit your band's name? Great to have a musician amongst us. Who are your favourite artists? and YES...it must be an unbelievable feeling when the crowd sings along to your songs...the ultimate music connection!
zebraandthebandit Wrote:I COMPLETLY AGREE ....ITs happened to me a few times on stage...literally gave me Goosebumps.... THERE AINT NO FEELING LIKE IT!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
It doesn't get any better than this folks!!!!!

[video=youtube;A22oy8dFjqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A22oy8dFjqc[/video]
The best frontman ever.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
yep... I gotta agree there Jerome....
he sure knew how to play a crowd and also play for/to a crowd, and when you watch him perform live he had total confidence in himself which was almost arrogant at times,
but whatever...
he was a "showman", theres no other word for him IMO
I am crazy for live shows.! i like to attain every live performance of singers.
Fantastic rapport with the London folks! Great song and performance!

FOR SOME ANNOYING REASON I CANNOT POST THE VIDEO AS IT APPEARS ON YOUTUBE ???? I CAN ONLY POST THE LINK! MUST BE IN MY SETTING. PLEASE HELP ME MD MEMBERS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGoF51th...detailpage
Nothing will ever surpass this!

[video=youtube;KqOsmUthz74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KqOsmUthz74[/video]
Once a Beatles fan, always a Beatles fan. Do you have their entire catalogue Steve?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Once a Beatles fan, always a Beatles fan. Do you have their entire catalogue Steve?

I know your question wasn't aimed at me but:
I do Jerome....
I also own ALL of McCartney's post-Beatle material including his obscure experimental efforts under the name Fireman and his orchestral/operatic releases
own most of George Harrison's albums, some on vinyl, others on cd, and a compilation
own three or four Ringo albums,
a couple of John's plus a compilation

the reason I avoided John's solo albums years ago was because of the filler provided by Yoko Ono, and I've just never gone back to him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2019 Music Head 70 2,464 16-10-2019, 08:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What Lessons In Life Have You Learnt From Music? gryphon 3 170 12-10-2019, 03:30
Last Post: SteveO
  The Lastest Addition To My Music Library gryphon 18 621 21-08-2019, 18:34
Last Post: gryphon
  June 14, 2019: New Music Album: Gold & Grey by Baroness Musicman 0 138 16-06-2019, 05:21
Last Post: Musicman
  How do you listen to your music? gryphon 6 263 29-03-2019, 17:35
Last Post: Ruby
  ICONventional - A different approach to 'pay-as-you-want' music ICONventional 1 622 17-01-2019, 08:55
Last Post: Jerome
  Youtube clip explains why music has basically gone backwards: CRAZY-HORSE 3 432 30-12-2018, 13:49
Last Post: Music Head
  Weekly Music Charts For 2018 Music Head 98 13,743 27-12-2018, 13:06
Last Post: Music Head
  Irish music Tommaso Catalini 8 1,226 13-11-2018, 08:17
  You hear music at ordinary times what pure? yanfeng 1 1,619 15-10-2018, 11:08