Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil young and crazy horse
I AM NOMINATING NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE FOR ENTRY INTO THE MD HALL OF FAME...

ALTHOUGH NEIL HAS MADE SOME REAL STUPID ALBUMS IN HIS CAREER LIKE "TRANS","RE-AC-TOR","LANDING ON WATER" ETC, IT IS DIFFICULT NOT TO FORGIVE HIM WHEN HE DOES COME OUT WITH SOME OF THE FINEST ALBUMS IN ROCK HISTORY LIKE "AFTER THE GOLDRUSH","RUST NEVER SLEEPS", "HARVEST", "HARVEST MOON", "PRAIRIE WIND", AND WITH CLASSIC SINGLES LIKE "HEART OF GOLD","OLD MAN", "FOUR STRONG WINDS", "LIKE A HURRICANE", "ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD" ETC ETC...
THEN THERE'S THE CLASSIC MATERIAL HE HAS RECORDED WITH BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD AND CROSBY,STILLS,NASH AND YOUNG...I MEAN CSNY'S "DEJA VU" HAS TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST PIECES OF FOLK/POP/ROCK EVER MADE...

BUT I AM INCLUDING HIS LONGTIME BAND CRAZY HORSE ALONG WITH HIM AS A SOLO ARTIST AS THOSE GUYS WERE UNIQUE, IMPROMPTU LENGTHY GUITAR JAMS,THEIR MUSIC FROM AS EARLY AS 1969 HAS LONG BEEN TRACED BACK AS ORIGINS TO THE WHOLE 1990'S GRUNGE MOVEMENT, ARTISTS LIKE NIRVANA,PEARL JAM,POWDERFINGER,BAND OF HORSES AND MY MORNING JACKET ALL SIGHT NEIL AND THE HORSE AS HUGE INFLUENCES ON THEIR CAREER ORIGINS.

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE RATES NEIL YOUNG AS "THE SECOND MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTIST IN POPULAR MUSIC", BEHIND, NO LESS THAN, BOB DYLAN!

NEVER ONE TO HOLD HIS TONGUE ON ISSUES CLOSE TO HEART, YOUNG PRACTICES WHAT HE PREACHES...PEACE,LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING, HE IS ALSO THE OWNER OF "LIONEL TRAINS"(A TOY TRAIN COMPANY) AND IS CURRENTLY DEVELOPING A VEHICLE THAT RUNS SOLELY ON BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL FUEL.

WHEN NEIL WAS INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME HE WAS SCATHING OF THEIR LACK OF INDUCTING CRAZY HORSE WITH HIM AS THEY HAVE BEEN A BIG PART OF HIS CARRER SINCE HIS SECOND SOLO ALBUM "EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOWHERE",
NEIL STILL RELEASES RECORDS TO THIS DAY(OFTEN STILL MAKING THE TOP10 LISTS AROUND THE WORLD), HE IS A MUSICAL ICON WHO IS WITHOUT PEER....

SO LETS ALLL GET BEHIND HIS INDUCTION INTO THE MUSIC DISCUSSION HALL OF FAME RIGHT NOW!

[video=youtube;7KxiEjPCXA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxiEjPCXA8[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

no question of this one

Yep, good one CH.
dah !!! YES YES YES , thanks Crazy-Horse !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Uncle Neil get my vote too. Used to play a lot of his stuff in the pubs way back when.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
thanks J-Man....now, just need you to click on the :nominations for the hall of fame: section and click on the one entitled "music head" mate, Uncle Ed needs your thumbs up!
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

thats five for NBeil Young SteveO...work that magic friend!

NEIL YOUNG and CRAZY HORSE have been officially inducted into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame !
One of the great ones of all time. Has given us so much great music.
Welcome aboard MD, jfelton! Feel free to nominate one of your favourite artists with some kind of justification!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil diamond - nomination !!!! Md hall of fame SteveO 9 2,825 20-09-2016, 08:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE