Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Cash: Moved from Jazz, Funk & Blues Board.
Currently I having a tinkering for Johnny Cash. Just been listening to 'My name Sue, and personal favourite 'I walk the Line'.

Any other favourites out there from Johnny Cash?
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Two things - firstly, I must say that I've never liked Johnny Cash all that much and secondly, he doesn't belong under this category. He was a country and/or rockabilly musician/singer.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues

Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
Does anybody remember that Johnny Cash appeared in an episode of Columbo? He played a singer who used a small plane to commit the perfect murder....but he didn't plan on the man in the mac.
djdave Wrote:Does anybody remember that Johnny Cash appeared in an episode of Columbo? He played a singer who used a small plane to commit the perfect murder....but he didn't plan on the man in the mac.

I didn't know that.... I watched recently the modern film 'Walk The Line' which I think is a good portraital of his life.
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Haven't seen it, but an aquaintance - and Johnny Cash fan - was most impressed with Joaquin Phoenix's singing.
Beach Wrote:Two things - firstly, I must say that I've never liked Johnny Cash all that much and secondly, he doesn't belong under this category. He was a country and/or rockabilly musician/singer.

I'm confused. He certainly took part in the Nashville scene. He married into Country royalty. To my ears he had more country than rock in his rockabilly sound. And in any case it is appropriate to discuss him in either board.

I prefer his work late in his career. The American sessions.
JonG Wrote:I'm confused. He certainly took part in the Nashville scene. He married into Country royalty. To my ears he had more country than rock in his rockabilly sound. And in any case it is appropriate to discuss him in either board.

I prefer his work late in his career. The American sessions.
I made that remark because this was originally in the 'Blues/Jazz' board Jon and it appears that Tony has now included a 'Country/Folk' board and moved my post across.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues

Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
Ah, well then. A "moved from the Blues/Jazz board" sign would be helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Rosanne Cash - She Remembers Everything Ruby 7 1,570 20-11-2018, 23:14
Last Post: SteveO
  I play a blend of country, blues, and folk songs, I hope I do these songs justice. Matéo Amero 0 511 12-03-2016, 02:34
Last Post: Matéo Amero
  Where early blues meets folk, on a 12-string jazzboCR 0 520 12-04-2015, 02:32
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Johnny Cash "Big Iron" Nick 8 1,406 27-01-2015, 06:50
  country funk jazzboCR 0 460 31-07-2014, 19:20
  JOHNNY CASH "out among the stars" CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,146 04-04-2014, 20:13
Last Post: SteveO
  Rosanne Cash - The River & The Thread Music Head 1 935 27-01-2014, 20:59
Last Post: R_burke
  Calling All Caribbean/Reggae/Jazz Fans in Brooklyn!! JeSenat 0 575 11-07-2012, 07:49
Last Post: JeSenat
  Putumayo Presents: Jazz around the world centermez 0 1,028 10-01-2012, 14:11
Last Post: centermez
  johnny cash CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,309 18-02-2011, 14:03
Last Post: TraceNspace