Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Finland
Oh well metal is probably one of those music styles, that I'm not up to so much... anyway for example Stratovarius and Apocalyptica have some great songs.
Is there any Finnish metal bands, that you really like?
Lots of them ...all metal and folk metal..

Amorphis, Nightwish, Turisas, Tenhi, Korpiklaani, Nest,Tarja Turunen, Moonsorrow, Skepticism, Wintersun....that's it I think !

I like all genres and I listen to metal from time to time..can't say I'm a fanatic.
Terorero Wrote:Oh well metal is probably one of those music styles, that I'm not up to so much... anyway for example Stratovarius and Apocalyptica have some great songs.
Is there any Finnish metal bands, that you really like?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Oh well Finns are famous about metal music. May be it's tha cultural thing that Finns make good metal music.

SteveO Wrote:Lots of them ...all metal and folk metal..

Amorphis, Nightwish, Turisas, Tenhi, Korpiklaani, Nest,Tarja Turunen, Moonsorrow, Skepticism, Wintersun....that's it I think !

I like all genres and I listen to metal from time to time..can't say I'm a fanatic.
Can you explain your comment regarding the cultural thing, Tero ? this is interesting..cultural affect on music !
Terorero Wrote:Oh well Finns are famous about metal music. May be it's tha cultural thing that Finns make good metal music.
I mean we're a little bit melancholic people. Then we have a long dark winter as you know. We don't talk much and even during the difficulties we go on without complaining that much at least openly. Especially Finns aren't that emotional as people for example in Southern Europe. So then we have to let everything out by music... and it usually ends up to be bit heavier stuff.
Sounds like Canada !!!!...lol, thanks for your interesting insight,Tero ! This would make a great thread for music discussion ! What do you think ?
Terorero Wrote:I mean we're a little bit melancholic people. Then we have a long dark winter as you know. We don't talk much and even during the difficulties we go on without complaining that much at least openly. Especially Finns aren't that emotional as people for example in Southern Europe. So then we have to let everything out by music... and it usually ends up to be bit heavier stuff.
True... I think that the cultural differencies surely might have some effect on music. For example Americans like country, but country isn't that popular in other parts of the world.
Yes geography and culture play a big part ! Good topic for a new thread !
Terorero Wrote:True... I think that the cultural differencies surely might have some effect on music. For example Americans like country, but country isn't that popular in other parts of the world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Helsinki, Finland! Juuso Kekki 3 674 25-11-2014, 22:04
Last Post: Glenda
  Finland- music elena 0 454 02-02-2014, 15:02
Last Post: elena
  Happy hello from Finland! language 3 959 21-02-2010, 21:14
Last Post: language
  Greetings from Finland (again) =) MetalMama 2 1,556 25-04-2008, 16:04
Last Post: ambernector