Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maybe I've smoked too much, but I can't find the forum for Reggae.
Please do not tell me it's lumped in with World Music or Hip Hop or other such nonsense?!?

Thanks in advance, in case I forget to check back later.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
there have been discussions about Reggae on the site previously and the answer is as follows....

as reggae doesnt have a wide appeal here it is included in the "world music" threads
Oh, that hurts... and thanks!
Seriously, there's no one here from Amsterdam that is into Eek a Mouse, or Marley, or Tosh, (not 2.0)?
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Yes there is - big Marley fan. I have seen both him (Zimbabwe) and his son Ziggy (Amsterdam).
I love Reggae, but the consensus was that it didn't deserve its' own category.

Particularly a fan of Marley, Tosh, Lee Scratch Perry, and a host of others.

Tosh's Captured Live is one of my favourite albums, period...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Jerome Wrote:Yes there is - big Marley fan. I have seen both him (Zimbabwe) and his son Ziggy (Amsterdam).

BTW Jerome, I'm jealous !!

One of my musical regrets would be never having seen Bob Marley live...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Tiggi Wrote:BTW Jerome, I'm jealous !!One of my musical regrets would be never having seen Bob Marley live...
Yes but while I was stuck on the tip of the jungle you got to see all the acts that I wanted to! By the way I have to say that I preferred his son's performance. But there was just such a vibe at Sir Robert Nesta's gig. And the entire place was completely stoned. Kid you not!
Seeing Bob Marley would have been amazing, I'm quite jealous as well. I love Bob Marley, like Peter Tosh. That's about as far as my reggae knowledge goes but I'm willing to be enlightened.
The other guy I used to listen to was Linton Kwesi Johnson (sp??). Loved his 'Night Nurse' track.
One of my first Ipod uploads will be Peter Tosh's Caught Live album (recco Tiggi) !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reggae CRAZY-HORSE 5 493 19-01-2019, 03:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  How did you first find out about your favourite band(s) ? gryphon 90 12,694 08-10-2018, 03:17
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  Anyone can find out what song is this? L000L CRAZY Search song 0 419 04-09-2016, 01:11
Last Post: Search song
  Find some time To Give Some Listen Here! mrsvend3245 2 687 22-07-2016, 00:39
Last Post: mrsvend3245
  How to find recently released music? Area51 2 551 29-05-2016, 21:59
Last Post: Area51
  Need help with reggae tracks please sashadjuric 8 1,239 22-04-2016, 18:06
Last Post: SteveO
  Help me to find this music r10hasan 0 433 05-03-2016, 13:33
Last Post: r10hasan
  Do you like Reggae? Then come in! VintageReggae 0 371 17-02-2016, 17:32
Last Post: VintageReggae
  Can't find a track recorded didi123 0 396 19-11-2015, 16:42