Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salutations.
My name is Charlie, and I'm obviously a new member of the music forums here.

I don't really restrict myself to certain genres, but rather listen to a wide variety of tunes. Some of my favorites are Beirut, Animal Collective, Broken Social Scene, Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton, Patrick Wolf, David Bowie, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Skinny Puppy, Coil, Devendra Banhart, CocoRosie, as well as many others.

Honestly I'm kind of crap at introductions. So yeah.
=O !

Hello Charlie! For everyone's information Charlie is my best friend and ultimate object of my more than platonic affection. Welcome to the forum. <3

(He's got the best taste)
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Hey Alex. Fancy seeing you here. ;O

and thanks. <33

ps- I do not have the best taste.
Greetings Charles. That is good taste. However I question you saying you don't restrict yourself to one genre. All of those you list fall into the genre of rock. They come from many different styles, but they're all rock. Do you listen to any jazz, classical, electronic or country music?
I'd actually like to say in his defense that Skinny Puppy was one of the pioneers of post-industrial and the entire genre of EBM (electronic body music?) as crappy as it is owes them a lot. As for Coil, they're also even more of a premier industrial band and explored acid house and various forms of electronica before it became commercially feasable to do so. Beirut is closer to neo-Balkan folk, and Devendra Banhart is straight up folk music.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Hi Charlie, & welcome to Music Discussion.

To echo the above, good taste certainly. I'm kind of envious of you having your whole life ahead of you to explore whatever takes your fancy. As Jon says, this is a golden age for exploring new music due to internet availability. When I was 17, VCRs & cell phones were only just appearing !!

Any friend of Alex will make a great member here, I'm sure !!
Hi.

PS: I have the best taste.

>_>
[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/OnionSkin/"]
[/URL]
Hello and thank you everyone.

Maybe my understanding of musical genres isn't the best, but I don't see how you can say that all the bands I listed are "rock". But since Alex already did a better job at defending me than I could, I'll leave it at that.

I don't know what I would do without the interwebs as a quick way to satisfy my craving for new tunes.

ps- I don't know you. ;O

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Greetings & Salutations! problemsathome 8 1,312 16-02-2019, 10:14
Last Post: problemsathome
  Salutations! fish 4 855 23-10-2014, 14:44
Last Post: SteveO
  Greetings and Salutations! Darkest_Star 4 1,051 01-10-2010, 22:16
Last Post: Darkest_Star
  Salutations from a music geek. Dawson 4 1,065 11-11-2009, 19:08
Last Post: Tiggi
  salutations bryce 2 1,053 20-07-2009, 00:10