Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello from Louisiana, USA
#1
While searching for a good forum to discuss music I ran across this one. I am a near 50 year old R&B, Gospel & Jazz lover. Rooted in 70's greats like Earth, Wind, & Fire, The Commodores, Jackson 5, The Temptations, Tavares, Natalie Cole, Minnie Ripperton, Angela Bofill. My love of these artist and others like them influence my taste in music.

I like a lot of the artist of today. Currently in love with Jazmine Sullivan, Chrisette Michele, Sade, Jaheim, Asa, Trombone Shorty, Naturally 7, Macy Gray.

On the Gospel Front James Fortune, Bishop Paul S. Morton, John P Kee, Mississippi Mass Choir.

Jazz wise ranges from Miles, Coltrain, Dizzy, Ramsay, MJQ, Davis Sanborn, Earl Klugh, George Benson, Brian Culberson, Take 6, Al Jarreau.

I love good music and look forward to some good discussions.
Reply
#2
Hi Pawdog, & welcome to MD.

It's good to see someone who's listening to something other that Rock in its' various hues.

I don't listen to huge amounts of the material you've listed, but look forward to your input.

Hope you enjoy the site.
Reply
#3
Hey Pawdog, you've got some great tastes in Jazz there. Ever heard any Kenny Garrett or Blue Mitchell? Both fantastic musicians. I have a lot of Miles Davis' live concerts from the 1980s on dvd and they are amazing. He does a cover of Michael Jackson's 'Human Nature' which totally eclipses the original!

Nice to have you on the site! Stick around.
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Reply
#4
Welcome dog
Tavares, now that's a blast from the past you don't here often.
Glad you got The The in there too.

Reply
#5
welcome dog!
good to see someone new with different musical tastes...yet again
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
Mr.Soul Wrote:Hey Pawdog, you've got some great tastes in Jazz there. Ever heard any Kenny Garrett or Blue Mitchell? Both fantastic musicians. I have a lot of Miles Davis' live concerts from the 1980s on dvd and they are amazing. He does a cover of Michael Jackson's 'Human Nature' which totally eclipses the original!

Nice to have you on the site! Stick around.

I do have some Kenny Garret like him a lot. No blue Mitchel though, thanks for the suggestion. Listening to him as I type this. Went back to 1959 Out of the Blue.
Reply
#7
Welcome to MDCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#8
pawdog Wrote:I do have some Kenny Garret like him a lot. No blue Mitchel though, thanks for the suggestion. Listening to him as I type this. Went back to 1959 Out of the Blue.

Yeah Garrett's output is outstanding. He recentley had a live album called 'Sketches Of MD' where he played quite a few of Davis' tracks to perfection!

Only Blue Mitchell album I have is one of his 70s funk fusion ones called 'Graffiti Blues'.
Here is an amazing track from it:
[video=youtube;ql-mTYkGqVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-mTYkGqVo[/video]
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Reply
#9
Very cool track. That is Sooooo funky
Reply
#10
pawdog Wrote:Very cool track. That is Sooooo funky

Indeed it is. Check out the album, its a cracker!
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Reply


Forum Jump: