Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Sarah Jarosz ~ World on the Ground
SARAH JAROSZ ~ World On The Ground

[Image: 220px-Sarah_Jarosz_-_World_on_the_Ground.png]

Not familiar with any of Sarah Jarosz’s previous albums although the name rang bells which is probably what made me try the album. I make a list of likely looking new releases and will give them a hearing when I have the time. If the first song doesn’t speak to me, I may persist for one or two more but after that it’s tickets. This one was a winner from the outset.

The vocals immediately draw you in, as does the mandolin, banjo, guitar and the nice neat, warm production. Going back a bit, found that Ms Jarosz has had no less than Béla Fleck and Viktor Krauss adding their prowess to her work, not to mention a few other impressive names, bassist Edgar Meyer, for example – quite an endorsement for a 20 year old (at the time). She crosses over from bluegrass to folk, to Americana – talented lady – a true voice, without pretension or affectation, which is such a relief, and her song writing is good. John Leventhal was the producer on this and I think he got the mix and mood just right – guess his six Grammy’s are well deserved then! Thoughts on the album cover anyone??

Worth a listen if you want to hear something fresh while polished and mature yet not jaded. 

The opener - "Eve" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhyHREags78

"Pay It No Mind" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tH8Bnhmn1Q

"Orange and Blue"

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
the album should have been everything I like, but for some reason it didn't do anything for me.
of the three tracks above, the only one I liked was Orange And Blue.
^^It goes like that sometimes - just a question of personal taste. No accounting for it! Big Grin
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Colter Wall - Western Swing & Waltzes And Other Punchy Songs Music Head 2 10 Yesterday, 02:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Avett Brothers "the third gleam" (EP) CRAZY-HORSE 1 10 21-09-2020, 12:30
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Hardy - A Rock Music Head 0 4 19-09-2020, 12:11
  NEW ALBUM: Tim McGraw - Here On Earth Music Head 1 17 04-09-2020, 14:36
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Kathleen Edwards - Total Freedom Music Head 1 13 31-08-2020, 12:26
  NEW ALBUM: Ruston Kelly "shape & destroy" CRAZY-HORSE 0 13 30-08-2020, 23:45
  NEW ALBUM: Kane Brown - Mixtape, Vol.1 (ep) Music Head 0 15 28-08-2020, 11:30
  NEW ALBUM: Luke Bryan - Born Here Live Here Die Here Music Head 0 19 19-08-2020, 12:10
  NEW ALBUM: Chris Tomlin - Chris Tomlin & Friends Music Head 1 25 17-08-2020, 12:03
  NEW ALBUM: Mo Pitney "aint lookin' back" CRAZY-HORSE 0 14 16-08-2020, 02:43