Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75th Anniversary of Liberation of Auschwitz
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=790b7611c9f07544242613f76...giphy.webp]
MAY THE WORLD NEVER FORGET.

we all have a duty to teach our kids and grandkids about the hatred of bigotry
and what horrors it can lead to if it is not extinguished before it takes hold.

the linked track's title is about another Nazi Death Camp but it could be
about any of them.

^Absolutely. What a piece of work is man. Unimaginable horror.

And yet man is also capable of this ... so moving and beautiful, and honouring ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
beautiful piece of music.

as you said "man", you got that right Ruby.
I for the life of me could not see a "woman" conceiving the idea which hatched what happened in WWII
^That may be true but I'll bet there were some women who were complicit, in the camps. Some people can just be terribly cruel and although women seem to be less criminally inclined in general, they are capable of some monstrous deeds too. The Magdalene laundries spring to mind!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(27-01-2020, 12:16)Ruby Wrote: ^That may be true but I'll bet there were some women who were complicit, in the camps. Some people can just be terribly cruel and although women seem to be less criminally inclined in general, they are capable of some monstrous deeds too. The Magdalene laundries spring to mind!
The Magdalene laundries weren’t an exception for the church either.

When it comes to the Holocaust I have mixed feelings. Being of Jewish ancestry myself I know of family members lost there. However, I often have the feeling today the state of Israel is using the atrocities of the Holocaust as a moral blank cheque to persecute Palestinians and others. From my perspective it was overdrawn long ago. Friends living in Israel have developed the same opinion.
Essentially though what we face in all such discussion is the central core of human nature, not ideology, religion or anything else. Until and unless we face that problem these horrors will continue to repeat, as they are for Muslims in mainland China today.
It’s not just what we believe in as justification for our actions it’s what we are that allows us to carry them out.

Given this is a music forum this may be of some interest - - - - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5CZ3WVHmc

Text available here:- https://www.chandos.net/chanimages/Booklets/NA7826.pdf
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anniversary of the death of Mama Cass Lovely Linda 5 929 01-08-2017, 02:53
Last Post: Lovely Linda