Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange forum behavior
I’m posting this here as I can’t see any specific section of Music Discussion dedicated to forum usage problems.
No matter which thread I attempt to respond to my posts vanish and I’m instantly taken to the first page of that thread. 
I’m about to give up for good.
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
I don't have the answer for you but I have noticed when I post something from time to time that it does not appear at first. But if I log out then I see the post??!!??
Oh the joys of technology.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I have looked around the site settings and haven't found any issues Dissily

I did try to PM you back but you have disabled your PM settings
I've had a look around and I'm not seeing anything untoward behind the scenes.
Maybe try clearing your browser Dissily - sometimes that solves mysterious glitches.
Sorry not to be able to be more helpful!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
i had issues on the forum a long time ago and found by emptying my Cache on my laptop and miraculously issues disappeared
(17-10-2019, 07:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: I have looked around the site settings and haven't found any issues Dissily

This getting really strange. I just checked my PM settings and they’re not disabled.
Additionally attempting to move back a page opened up a page of what I take to be code of some kind.
Unfortunately I couldn’t copy it to send your way.

(17-10-2019, 07:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: I have looked around the site settings and haven't found any issues Dissily

Now when moving back and forth in my mail preferences I see this.Looks like Linux to me but I’m no expert. Changing my browser setting made no difference.
Ruby has been the owner of this forum for a year or so (maybe more)
message her as her I.T people are the ones who can advise better than me
(17-10-2019, 11:17)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: Ruby has been the owner of this forum for a year or so (maybe more)
message her as her I.T people are the ones who can advise better than me

thanks. about to crawl into the cot so will contect Ruby first thing in the morning (Eastern Australian Time)
^That last post seemed to work ok. If anyone else is having hassles, please let me know - at this stage it looks as though the only person experiencing difficulties is Dissily.

There are no detectable problems with the site - I've spoken to the hosts - it's behaving as it should and there are no reports of any issues on the servers. 

They have just applied a new SSL certificate but that won't have any bearing on the function of the forum itself. It's purely to keep the site secure.

Here's some info re clearing your browsing data or cache ... https://askleo.com/whats_a_browser_cache...i_want_to/

Anyone is welcome to PM 'Ruby' or 'Forum Admin' if technical matters arise that may need to be investigated. I will also pick up any email sent through the system. I've removed the copied code from a couple of posts back - not comfortable with it appearing on the board. Thank you. 
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
It’s happening again and at unpredictable times. Not having the same peculiar problems on any other site. It appears to be Linux. Given I don’t have Linux running on any of my Macs I can only assume Music Discussion’s server does. All very weird.

Below is just one instance of this behaviour which for reasons I can’t figure only happens intermittently and at random on a number of browsers. Can’t see any predictable pattern in what might trigger these events though. Also attemps to respond to a specific post SOMETIMES takes me back to the very first post in a thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This forum has been hacked with a redirect hack. Rolas 5 885 21-12-2016, 17:36
Last Post: Rolas
  Nice Forum Ya Got Here! Fuzz 10 2,000 10-09-2016, 04:00
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Hello Everyone :) I got a question about you and this forum. Unstoppable 1 565 25-10-2015, 22:17
Last Post: Music Head
  new to forum, came to share andreas-mahara 1 851 30-09-2015, 20:35
Last Post: JJ24
  New to this Forum Kirov 1 526 06-07-2015, 21:41
Last Post: Thraak
  Hey Everyone! New to the forum... TheNeedleDrops 1 530 26-05-2015, 15:00
Last Post: Thraak
  Hi! New to this forum Lorenzo Petrachi 0 406 05-04-2015, 21:53
Last Post: Lorenzo Petrachi
  Hello am new to this forum MusicLover123 2 709 04-04-2015, 19:36
Last Post: MusicLover123
  Hello! My first thread on this forum! Zumbi 6 745 16-03-2014, 20:38