Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knopfler
not sure if many artists do this or not, I haven't heard of any but is this the future of music.
I know some artists, Public Image Limited are a classic, they record their gigs and sell cds of them after each show,

but Mark Knopfler has gone one step further in this computer age by selling his gigs, not on cd but on USB...

1: good idea or not?

2: the way of the future???

3: foolish gimmick that cannot produce quality sound for the listener??

anyway, heres the link to purchasing directly from his website:    https://www.markknopfler.com/liveconcerts/

thoughts appreciated.
A couple of pints here CH. I would prefer a CD to a USB stick but it actually makes some sense. Cars don't have CD players anymore so a USB stick would be preferable. I like the way it's designed - clever touch. Sound quality will still be good as long as it's high bitrate mp3. And yes whether we like it or not - the future is here to stay.

At the end of the day it's Mark Knopfler - someone who ALWAYS delivers quality. Very, very few people can tell the difference (in terms of quality) between the different formats. Remember there is a whole generation that have grown up believing mp3 IS quality....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
good point Jerome...

DS released the first album on cd, Brothers In Arms, and now, the first on USB...guessing he is tapping into a new market....again.
^Very clever marketing. I want one. Big Grin
And there I was, all proud of not being acquisitive. Huh!  Blush
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
So there we have it - Ruby gets Mark's erm… package for Xmas. Don't know how I am going to convince his agent to get him to part with it but you never know.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^Lol - all of which has me listening to ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csOgDZWqM48
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson