Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Laurie Anderson "songs from the Bardo"
[Image: 81yNzZtcJKL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg]

Spotify listen:

im lost as to what to write here other than traditional instruments, chants, spoken word, meditation...
Amazon's description is better than mine so here it is:

'Songs from the Bardo' begins with a bell ringing out once, twice, three times, as a ritualistic chant emerges from the dense silence. The collaborative composition by avant-garde icon Laurie Anderson, Tibetan multi-instrumentalist Tenzin Choegyal, and composer and activist Jesse Paris Smith is a guided journey through the visionary text of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, unfolding in an 80-minute ebb and flow of sound and words. Songs from the Bardo is a transporting experience, meant to draw the listener into the present moment and provide a framework for inner exploration. Anderson, Choegyal, and Smith fuse modern compositional techniques with the mystique of Tibetan Buddhist philosophy to make these visionary traditions more accessible to a new generation of listeners and to reveal the ancient wisdoms contained within. 

'different' is an understatement for us mere mortals (MH and myself), Ruby and Jerome might appreciate and understand it.

from the album:

^Started this one too but had to abandon it due to time restraints. I think it will require some patience. Smile Also requires that you don't mind the sound of Laurie Anderson's voice. I'm interested in The Tibetan Book of the Dead so want to give it another try - just needs to be the right time, I think!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Geez, glad youre here Ruby, was beginning to think I was the only person left on Earth for the last couple of days...
^Sorry - just been so busy and exhausted. Days of successfully burning the candle at both ends are gone! Blush
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(29-09-2019, 20:51)Ruby Wrote: I'm interested in The Tibetan Book of the Dead so want to give it another try - just needs to be the right time, I think!
Hate to tell you when it will be the right time but - - - - - - -
I attended a Laurie Anderson concert only to have just Ms LA backed by no more than recordings. Came over as totally dead that did unlike all her early LP’s in my collection which I still enjoy.
Not sure I’m happy with the new enlightened Ms LA though.
The Human Race is Insane.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video New Album: Albert de Rippe Dissily Mordentroge 2 39 13-10-2019, 02:28
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
Video New Album:Erik Satie: Gymnopédies & Gnossiennes (Full Album) Dissily Mordentroge 0 31 13-10-2019, 00:18
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  NEW ALBUM: Penguin Café - Handfuls of Night Ruby 0 38 05-10-2019, 14:03
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Idan Raichel - And If You Will Come To Me Ruby 1 362 03-02-2019, 23:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Vangelis - Nocturne: The Piano Album Ruby 2 1,028 28-01-2019, 18:53
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Waters "Igor Stavinsky's a soldiers tale" CRAZY-HORSE 7 872 04-11-2018, 06:34
  NEW ALBUM: Tony Banks - Five Ruby 3 1,040 14-04-2018, 11:41
Last Post: Jerome
  NEW ALBUM: Tarja "from spirits and ghosts" CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,590 08-04-2018, 01:56
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW ALBUM: Benny Andersson "piano" CRAZY-HORSE 2 926 25-10-2017, 09:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Juuso Kekki -" Interpretations I" - Debut album to be released 1.12.2014 Juuso Kekki 1 1,100 08-12-2014, 19:08
Last Post: Juuso Kekki