Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could The UK Be Heading For Civil War?
I have refrained from looking at the UK for quite a while but being an ex UK citizen I have still an interest....looking at the last three years I have been shocked at the way things have been going and they way people seem to think...

For many hundreds of years the UK has used parliament as its instrument of government and as shown many lands the strength and power of it. Only once has it been overturned by Cromwell but not it is about to be suspended so that Boris can get his way....

This is a monumental day if it does and one that could never have ben imagined before .........

What will this lead to ?.....I worry for the UK.... Sick Exclamation
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
its not about Boris "getting his way", the people of Britain voted for Brexit, Teresa May should have got out of Europe as she pledged to do, she procrastinated and had to fall on her sword, Boris is doing what the people demanded and if that means suspending parliament so be it...

US President's have shut down Congress for as long as I can remember to get things passed...

no issue here with Boris or Brexit, every member of my parent's families in the UK are fully behind leaving the EU,
England WILL prosper when they leave IMO...
the EU caused lots of British companies into bankruptcy over the years by telling them what they can and cant do with their fisheries, mines, crops and farms,

EU reminds me of Orwell's 1984

BTW: Civil War...more fake news from the Loony Left?????
(28-08-2019, 10:34)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: its not about Boris "getting his way", the people of Britain voted for Brexit, Teresa May should have got out of Europe as she pledged to do, she procrastinated and had to fall on her sword, Boris is doing what the people demanded and if that means suspending parliament so be it...

US President's have shut down Congress for as long as I can remember to get things passed...

no issue here with Boris or Brexit, every member of my parent's families in the UK are fully behind leaving the EU,
England WILL prosper when they leave IMO...
the EU caused lots of British companies into bankruptcy over the years by telling them what they can and cant do with their fisheries, mines, crops and farms,

EU reminds me of Orwell's 1984

BTW:  Civil War...more fake news from the Loony Left?????

I look at your reply with interest.......it fits the propaganda that has been put out by the BBC and fed to the English speaking world......I guess that is not your fault...but if you look deeper into the situation and read the news sites that are not under the UK's influence then you see a very different story.....there is so much that they hold back avoid and manipulate...people in the UK have never got the full true about the EU , how it works, its benefits and its down sides......the idea that you say ""more fake news from the Loony Left?????" speaks volumes about what you are being fed and how polorised the news getting through to you is. Anything that doesn't support the views currently gripping The UK and to some degree the US is looked on as "false news ".

The things that are happening to the UK are extraordinary and are at odds with its history and its democracy.
It is unlikely the UK will prosper with its closest trading partner at odds with it .

"the EU caused lots of British companies into bankruptcy over the years by telling them what they can and cant do with their fisheries, mines, crops and farms,"

Before the UK joined the EU it was bankrupt on a three day week and in need of bail outs...those mismanaged years of conservative rule lead to that....and it was coupling up with the EU its financial power that helped the UK from going down even further.

The last time the UK parliament was shut down was the interregnum by Oliver Cromwell....that was in the period in English history from the execution of Charles I in 1649 to the Restoration of Charles II in 1660.  The UK is not the US it is a much older democracy founded in and by The Magna Carta of 1215 ......and as such it doesn't just bypass democratic bodies when it doesn't  like them.......sorry but you comments touched a nerve and I feel you really misunderstand how poor things have got in the UK and how much the media is manipulating you and many others.... Smile

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
whatever, you have your opinion, and I have mine, end of discussion
(28-08-2019, 11:48)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: whatever, you have your opinion, and I have mine, end of discussion

Yes...sadly after a comment like that Crazy......time for me to leave MD.....bye folks!

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
I should know better than to wade into the middle of this but here goes. I think the minute the UK leaves the EU they are going to drop their corporate tax rate and become a tax haven for corporations. Just like Ireland has been doing for decades. The politicians here will swear blind that Ireland is not a tax haven but the companies just keep on arriving at the door because they end up paying less than 2% tax. So who is paying for everything. You guessed it. The worker is being well and truly screwed by the government and the corporations are laughing all the way to the bank. The EU told Apple Ireland that hey had to pay the Irish government about 12 or 13 billion. The government in their infinite wisdom decided they did not want it - to keep the corporations happy of course - yet it cannot look after it's homeless people. Ireland's business model is farcical. If the American multinationals ever decide to pull out of Ireland the whole country will collapse within 6 months. And the government are clueless as to what to do to prevent it.

The chicken always comes home to roost - just a matter of time.

As far as the UK leaving the EU - I think they are right. The EU is too fond of issuing directive after directive telling people whether they are allowed to fart or not. And the UK can't absorb any more 'refugees' looking to live off benefits for the rest of their lazy lives.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^^Oh shucks. We’ve had our very own no deal Brexit! Rolleyes

I am irreverent when it comes to politics – best I hold my tongue. I will say this though, we too have an asylum seeker situation (economic and political – trickling down from the north) and it is definitely a strain on resources, however, those asylum seekers are also more often than not incredibly hard and willing workers, much more so than those who are born and bred here and who expect handouts as a given or reparation related right. Ironically, the asylum seekers find work readily, for the most part, whereas lazy locals don’t. And what do the lazy locals do? They screw over the foreigners by renting out their own government allocated houses to them at sinfully high rates, for example - that's how they generate a measly income. Tunnel vision.   

Real challenges on this anarchic continent - bribery and corruption is the order of the day, nobody gives a damn about the law and everyone is out to feather their own nests. Never a dull moment!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
so much for trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

Another classic MH response.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.