Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzi Quatro P'd Off....
and although im not a big fan of her music im 100% behind her reasoning of a Rock And Roll Hall of Fame induction snub...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...spartanntp

“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
^ A total travesty ! I have always liked Suzi ! I bought her first album.The fact that she had more hits in the UK than in the USA could have been a lame factor ! There are several US performers that border on one hit wonders that have been inducted. I think the Music Hall of Fame is a farcical joke !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
...and Joan Jett was just about a "one hit wonder" with her two charting singles being covers!
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
Suzi had a long and very productive solo career in the UK.....She was a big part of the glam scene and with producer Micky Most produced a string of top twenty hits. For the UK she was a pioneer in the field of women rockers and she "drove " her band from the bass guitar position which was not that common in those days. She went on even after her chart successes being a big figure in the music industry and she worked on the BBC radio as a DJ many times....so for me and from a European stance, it is good to see her inducted.
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Thanks Gryph for the insight into Suzi's life ! As a DJ she would be interesting in her music choices.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
she usually does a few Radio DJ stints when she tours Australia (her second biggest fan base after UK) and numerous tv interviews...
seems like a lovely down to earth human being...