Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Mumford & Sons "delta"
#1
[Image: 220px-Mumford_%26_Sons_%E2%80%93_Delta.png]

Spotify listen:

the band's fourth...
loved their debut, the second barely made the grade for me
and I disliked the third with a passion...
so,
wasn't sure what to expect from this this time round, but I did like the lead off
single "guiding light" a hell of a lot...
so, the album starts off with layered vocals and an organ, almost sounding like a hymn...
songs get into familiar territory after that, the good familiar sound...
hearing some songs that you wouldn't pick as M&S also...
a touch of  Imagine Dragons, possibly KOL on places too...
all up, a good alternative album IMO...
its on the "to purchase" list...

the single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9jmjXDQ5MQ

two that you wouldn't pick for Mumfords including a spoken word track (with music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zih0YqYtgZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3T6L6YTrJQ

and my favourite track:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #1

courtesy of Spotify

strange we both mentioned those 2 bands as sounds likes on 2 different albums
I agree with your assessment of the first 3 albums
and this one too I guess
certainly better than the last 2
not big on the slower tracks but the rest works

fav is the single 




Reply
#3
Thanks to both of you. After the last one I had given up, now it sounds like I should give them another try
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 43 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 143 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 132 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 105 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 267 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: