Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Obsession with The Beatles
Hello Everybody,

My name is Amit Kshirsagar. I am a freelance writer from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

My question is:

"What is the Biggest Selling Album of All time?"

I suspect that it is either Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (1983) or The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band" (1967)?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?
I am a Freelance writer. My name is Amit Kshirsagar. I live in Ann Arbor. In 2015, I have published a book entitled, "My Obsession with The Beatles". I have been a Beatles fan, since the age of four. I have a large collection of Beatles paraphernalia. I have attended several concerts of Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr and also the Fest For Beatles Fans in Chicago as well as the show "LOVE" in Las Vegas. This book is written primarily for Second Generation Indian Youths who still are unaware of The Beatles.

[Image: 418X0fKa8LL._AC_US160_.jpg]
According to a couple of sites I accessed, Thriller is No. 1, with AC/DC's Back In Black at no. 2. The Beatles album is not even in the top 10.

I could provide a link, but honestly, if you're going to be a writer you should be able to do things like searching the web for yourself. It only took me about 30 seconds.

Also, if you're presenting things that you consider to be facts, as a serious writer you would need to cite your sources - meaning you actually need to have seen the information yourself.
just an interesting titbit about the UK popularity/sales figures of Beatles as compared to McCartney solo I read some years ago:

McCartney/Wings, in the 1970s, outsold Beatles sales in the 1960s, in the UK and...
McCartney, in the 1980s(in the UK), outsold both of the above in their respective decades...

both "band on the run" and "venus and mars" outsold "sgt peppers" in their respective years of chart action...

Wing's "mull of kintyre" was the first single in the UK to notch up 2 million sales, it outsold the Beatles biggest UK
hit single "i want to hold your hand" by almost a quarter of a million sales at that point.

so yes, during the 70s and 80s McCartney was actually "bigger than the Beatles" in his homeland in terms of commercial success.
Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Welcome aboard the Great MD, almost 1972 ! I am with you...a complete Beatles nut !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!