Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Portugal!!!
Hi my name is Rusty Jack (artistic name) and I´m from Portugal. I like many genres of music, but what I really like to listen and play is indie rock and alternative sutff like white stripes and the kills.
I'm in a band called Sleepy Rust. Its an instrumental music band that have many influences. We play mostly rock and blues but on stage we play many other styles like bossa, jazz, surf rock, etc.
I leave here our EP youtube link in case you guys want to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaK32zOhxE

Rock on! :tongue::tongue::tongue:
Hi there, Portugal very nice country. I like all kind of rock and rap
Welcome to the site - I will be in your country later in the year - first the Algarve and then Madeira. Looking forward to it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Welcome to the forum, rustyjack. Enjoy your stay!:welcome::popcorn:
Welcome aboard the Great MD, rustyjack! Did you find us on my MD Facebook post?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Update - went to Lisbon & Madeira a couple of years back. Fantastic country. Will be going back. Want to see those mad surfers in Nazare on the Silver Coast.
i vaguely remember being in Portugal on 'summer holidays' back in the mid '70s.
pretty sure it was a cruise to Portugal, stayed in Madeira and Lisbon.
Madeira is a unique sort of place. Really liked it. Not your typical European holiday destination but incredible value for money and great, great people. A lot of ex South African Portuguese nationals living there so we had quite a bit in common. Sailing out to see the dolphins was my highlight of the trip. Amazing experience. Also the best fish and chips you will ever taste in your life. My mom, who still lives in Cape Town, regularly orders fish and chips every other week from a local place in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town. She calls it her 'treat'. Take a wild guess where the owner of the takeaway joint comes from. You guessed it! Madeira. And it is also home to the God of football - Ronaldo. Whether you like him or not he has done an awful lot of good for the people of Madeira - from hospital wings to sports facilities and schools. And he has provided employment to many local residents in the hotels he and his brother manage. Also went to see a mandolin orchestra playing all sorts of stuff - pretty special place if you take the time to explore it. And the local fishermen have some interesting tales to tell. My kind of place. No bullshit - just real people. What more could you want?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Portugal Arapuk 1 1,324 20-03-2008, 16:49
Last Post: ambernector