Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wats up everybodyyyyy
#1
waddup everybody this is Marshall, recently 18, living in Los Angeles. I'm an electronic music producer trying to complete my first ep (called "Walls ep"). My biggest influences are Skrillex, Calvin Harris, Porter Robinson, Madeon, Wolfgang Gartner, Seven Lions, Flume (just speaking electronic) and otherwise: two door cinema club, machineheart, Glades, Meg Myers, Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper, Mavado, Bob Marley, and some old ska music from people like the skatallites. Basically a lot of indie-rock, hip, and reggae. If you're gonna call me mainstream about Skrillex and Calvin Harris, you can save it. Thanks for accepting me into the forum guys, and if you live in Los Angeles/Santa Monica and you're looking to spend some studio time with another cool producer, I work in a studio space that's welcome to anybody that wants to collab (Of course I would meet you in a very public place before you ever came to my house but..that's beside the point). Anyway, I look forward to talking to the people here, cheers.

-Marshall
Reply
#2
Skrilex is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply
#3
I really enjoy Martin Garrix live in Amsterdam!

[video]https://youtu.be/N21u1bMhHyQ[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#4
Wow! I wanted to meet Martin face to face Big Grin
Reply
#5
Skrillex and Bob Marley.....interesting combination of influences.
Reply
#6
TheXube Wrote:Skrillex and Bob Marley.....interesting combination of influences.

It's not that crazy when you consider that dubstep is heavily influenced by reggae (obviously the main thing is the """approx""" 140 BPM halftime beat with the offbeat accented). If you listen to songs like "Bonfire" by Knife Party or "Ragga Bomb" by Skrillex you can see how much reggae influence you can find in a dubstep track.

Respectfully,
Marshall
Reply
#7
you could be right there with the reggae influence because back in the very early 1980s before UB40 were well known
they remixed a lot of songs and called them 'dubstep remixes',
and back in the day UB40 were a real reggae band
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#8
your sig makes me blind.

... Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head ...

Reply


Forum Jump: