Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you feel about copyright protection/violation nowadays? - Survey inside
#1
Hey there!
I would like to hear what you guys think about the current state of copyright protection and violation in the electronic music industry and whether you think there needs to be a change?
Furthermore I am working on my bachelor thesis right now and I need your help! As everyone knows illegal downloading is a thing in the music industry. Electronic music obviously being no exception. Now this is what I am trying to look at with this thesis. The aim is to come up with a way to possibly reduce or avoid illegal downloading/copyright violation by a change in business models or business approaches.

It would be awesome if as many of you could fill the survey in as possible! Also there is something in it for you as well: At the end of the survey I will give away a 6 months Spotify or Apple music subscription. (You can also fill it in anonymously) The survey will take approx. 10-15min.

Hit me hard -> Survey

A big thank you already for everyone who participates!
Reply
#2
The only way to stop illegal copying of music is to stop producing it. Once a work is audible or visible it can be copied. There is no 'cure' for this. Period.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#3
damn J
I was thinking the same thing
it's pretty simple really
if you don't want shit copied, don't put it where it can be copied

Reply
#4
Damn....
I was thinking the same thing as MH was thinking who was thinking what Jerome was thinking....

three out of three aint bad!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
Well, I guess you could be right. However I feel like there is always a way to improve a situation at least. There probably is some out of the box thinking required. Maybe its not about completely stopping illegal downloads but to find ways to still profit from music, which are more profitable than for example streaming on spotify. One of the respondents of the survey proposed a general cultural tax out of which artists would get paid while music would then be completely free to access. That could equalize the payouts a lot more and grant smaller artists a more stable income.
Also simply working against those third-party mp3 downloading programs could be a good step as well I feel like. Saving mp3's off of youtube for example is illegal as stated by Youtube's user terms but there is no one to regulate it, and no one to enforce these rules.
Its just not about completely solving the problem but rather improving the situation Wink

I would still appreciate it though if you could write your thoughts down in the survey Smile
Reply
#6
stop piracy.... its a hard work of the music writers...
Reply
#7
Tolkie Wrote:Well, I guess you could be right. However I feel like there is always a way to improve a situation at least. There probably is some out of the box thinking required. Maybe its not about completely stopping illegal downloads but to find ways to still profit from music, which are more profitable than for example streaming on spotify. One of the respondents of the survey proposed a general cultural tax out of which artists would get paid while music would then be completely free to access. That could equalize the payouts a lot more and grant smaller artists a more stable income.
Also simply working against those third-party mp3 downloading programs could be a good step as well I feel like. Saving mp3's off of youtube for example is illegal as stated by Youtube's user terms but there is no one to regulate it, and no one to enforce these rules.
Its just not about completely solving the problem but rather improving the situation Wink

I would still appreciate it though if you could write your thoughts down in the survey Smile

You have to realise, every other week someone wants people on this forum to fill out a survey of some kind. We've had enough of it. We are not 'survey-monkeys'.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#8
yea, what he said

[Image: iStock_000018606811_Medium-1260x840.jpg]

Reply
#9
make cheaper downloads i guess
Reply
#10
OK so you stream to a stick or download to a hardddrive or the cloud. Do you have a tune list? Or some hard-copy evidence you ever had them/ owned them? So a storm comes along and wipes you out. What now? No big deal if you are fixated on the newvy and groovy (and thus insubstantial and easily forgettable). Hard-copy is the way to go--you have the musi to enjoy and a list to be presented to the insuror if worst case happens
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMG feel good music the $ketch Mix: OhMahGOD Baseballbatrap 0 1,101 24-11-2016, 10:33
Last Post: Baseballbatrap
  Stafford Brothers "when you feel this" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,775 28-08-2015, 12:34
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Calvin Harris Preview of new song "Feel So Close" girafrotown 1 1,936 29-05-2011, 13:27
Last Post: Burgz

Forum Jump: