Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Cover song by new artists. What yours and Why ?
COVER SONGS ...These can be great if done in the right way,and can pay tribute to the original artists whats your favorite and why ? to start off I will post a cover of Passengers "Let her Go" by Young Irish Singer Keith Plunkett And the reason i love this is he stays true to his voice and does not try to copy Passengers distinctive sound https://youtu.be/PxgsewuPaLQ
Whiskey in the Jar cover and stone cold crazy cover by Metallica.
Bass is way too low in the mix.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
RMG123 Wrote:Whiskey in the Jar cover and stone cold crazy cover by Metallica.

Oh. What's this? Oh it's my cover of Wipeout by the Surfaris Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7SAC0hnA8

oops looks like i missed the "new" part of the title.
Jerome Wrote:Bass is way too low in the mix.

Sorry Meghan Tongue
Peter Hollens just covered Wiz Khalifa's See You Again...and it is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! What makes it so great is that there isn't an instrument in the song. Everything is done by Hollens (except for the rap portion) and it is AMAZING!
I love to hear my most favorite singer James Otto cover Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" because of him singing it with all that is in him.

God bless you and James always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
I am a great fan for metallica and rock music. my best favorite singer is Metallica & Symphony Orchestra. I think other than the two songs that were specifically made to play with the orchestra, hero of the day and the thing that should not be meshed very well. Most of the songs from Load and Reload sound great with an orchestra behind them. My favorite track off S&M is hands down The Outlaw Torn. Bleeding Me is a close second. The way "The Outlaw Torn" sounds with the symphony makes me think that's how they wrote it, and the studio version is just a demo. It's a Metallica greatest hits concert! The San Fransisco Symphony were amazing.I've never seen an orchestra play so fast. The lights,editing,direction,effects and the whole setting in general were brilliant.
Disturbed's The Sound Of Silence is one of the best in recent memory.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
^^
ditto that

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Finn's Bowie cover. CRAZY-HORSE 0 31 11-04-2020, 06:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW VIDEO: Bob Marley & The Wailers "redemption song" CRAZY-HORSE 0 99 08-02-2020, 05:30
  NEW SINGLE: Dominic Frisby "17 million f**k off's (a brexit song) CRAZY-HORSE 0 118 31-01-2020, 22:07
  Celestial bodies in song titles Ruby 269 40,181 27-01-2020, 10:29
Last Post: Ruby
  Interesting debut song/video - XIE XIE by Magic Animal problemsathome 1 263 19-04-2019, 00:13
  Geographical Song Game CRAZY-HORSE 41 3,337 11-04-2019, 14:45
Last Post: Ruby
  Fruit Song Game CRAZY-HORSE 27 1,764 15-03-2019, 03:02
Last Post: SteveO
  Calender Song Game CRAZY-HORSE 33 1,919 15-03-2019, 02:48
  Does the appearance of an album/CD cover or the title in itself entice you to buy it? SteveO 13 1,888 01-11-2018, 15:38
Last Post: R_burke
  Who are some of your favorite female artists ? SteveO 12 1,845 15-10-2018, 03:52