Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everybody!!!!
I'm 34 years old and my favorite genre of music is Old School R&B. Sadly, R&B music is just not what it used to be like in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. I rarely like anything that's current. I might find a song or two that I like during an entire year that's current. I also like Pop/Rock, Reggae, Smooth Jazz, Gospel/Inspirational, Instrumentals, Some Rap, Classical, and Theme Songs. I tend to prefer the classics in those genres as well. In the Smooth Jazz category, I like when popular songs have been covered. I'm not much of a Rap fan due to the vulgar messages found in most Rap music. I don't have many favorite artists that I listen to. I'm more interested in specific songs. I'm picky when it comes to music that I like to add to my collection.

I'd like to read about favorite types of music, artists, and songs from other members.
welcome to MD Trev....

real R+B eh...?
you mean like the likes of Wilson Pickett,Otis,Percy Sledge,Aretha and/or the smooth soulful Motown sounds or R+B

you will enjoy reading what our regular members like then...
we(as a forum) are very eclectic in our tastes encompassing everything with passion, from the Prog/electronica that Jerome loves,
through the metal of SteveO, the Jazzy/bluesy overtones from Jazzbo...
right on and upwards to modern alt-rock

as for your lack of likes in the current music scene...
you really have to shovel away the crap to find little gems from my experience...
and there are good artists/tracks out there if you take the time to seek them out and generally avoid the top40 which is only a product to sell and make lots of "$" for recording companies...

all that aside....
again,
welcome to MD
Welcome aboard the Great MD, Trev! I like your music genre choices and I understand fully your frustration with today's music especially with regards to good rhythm and blues!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:welcome to MD Trev....

real R+B eh...?
you mean like the likes of Wilson Pickett,Otis,Percy Sledge,Aretha and/or the smooth soulful Motown sounds or R+B

you will enjoy reading what our regular members like then...
we(as a forum) are very eclectic in our tastes encompassing everything with passion, from the Prog/electronica that Jerome loves,
through the metal of SteveO, the Jazzy/bluesy overtones from Jazzbo...
right on and upwards to modern alt-rock

as for your lack of likes in the current music scene...
you really have to shovel away the crap to find little gems from my experience...
and there are good artists/tracks out there if you take the time to seek them out and generally avoid the top40 which is only a product to sell and make lots of "$" for recording companies...

all that aside....
again,
welcome to MD

Bro C-H says it all and says it right. Love the shout-out--I try to fly the flag BUT be free to write on your faves and new discoveries in that old vein. "Each one teach one" rules. Anything that you like that isn't here--BRING IT!
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
.....and I'm your country source
real country, not that modern crap

welcome

Hi Trev Confusedmile: Welcome!! Hardly any music sounds as good as the oldies. I like mostly any type of music. However, my favorites are Gospel and "real country". "Not that modern crap" :laugh: