Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson dress up as guys for new music video
#1
For a new music video called Just One of the Guys by Jenny Lewis Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson dress as men. The video tries to speak about gender disparity and conveys the same in a rather hilarious yet striking manner.

[video=youtube;Irvcf6dCk-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irvcf6dCk-k[/video]
Reply
#2
Good song and I liked the vid. One thing that always will keep them from being mistaken for male. Hint: It's not called an Adam's apple for nothing << what did you think I was gonna say, you naughty person?
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#3
Amurcomusic Wrote:For a new music video called Just One of the Guys by Jenny Lewis Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson dress as men. The video tries to speak about gender disparity and conveys the same in a rather hilarious yet striking manner.

[video=youtube;Irvcf6dCk-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irvcf6dCk-k[/video]

Dress as men!!! If you ever catch me dressed like that please shoot me. You have my permission.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#4
Note to self: If I see Jerome in a white tux, blast away...but externalities aside, what did you think of the song?
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#5
I have to be honest JB, I did not listen to it. I was just commenting on the clothing. I am a T-shirt and jeans and not-a-suit-in-sight person. In fact I do not even own one. Don't really have a use for one! Not to date anyway. Will give the track a whirl and let you know. Busy listening as we type. BTW what does the 'CR' stand for?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#6
OK - have to admit it's catchy - but it's also predictable. It will probably sell bucketloads. As for the tracksuit outfits - that's what women in Ireland wear to the supermarket. It's a sad state of affairs........

And as a final 'I kid you not' - also pyjamas - in broad daylight! Right there in the vegetable aisle.....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#7
Jerome Wrote:As for the tracksuit outfits - that's what women in Ireland wear to the supermarket. It's a sad state of affairs........

And as a final 'I kid you not' - also pyjamas - in broad daylight! Right there in the vegetable aisle.....

Not really busting here but as so much in life, it's the context that matters. Generally, this context is slovenly (that's the pic being drawn) but consider a 40-and-fit bending over to get that cheapo olive oil from the bottom shelf and you're 40+' feet away... And in Ireland do they have nearly the obesity problem here in especially Florida? Stout or robust isn't the same thing as fat. I tell you straight-up: I see any of these women in her PJs anywhere, I break furious sweat and commence babbling to myself: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls055018441/ << some of these pics are not current reality (no funky shots--these are mature ladies).
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#8
I don't like the song, the lyrics are oddly confusing, and the segment where Anne Hathaway cries as Lewis sings "I'm just another woman without a child" made me gag a little.

I do have to say that Kristen Stewart could probably pass as a guy, though. She's oddly gender neutral. Or maybe it's just her, F*&%-off attitude that seems to underscore most of what she does. *laughs*

As far as over-40 goes, wearing sweats anywhere but the gym and pajamas anywhere but the bedroom (or living room or kitchen...) - NO. No. No. If I could personally end this trend, I would. However, I would like to point out that not a single woman on that over-40 list is anywhere near "stout or robust", jazzbo.

I'm a very curvy woman who can be defined *medically* as obese, but in my experience I find that when men talk about "fat chicks" they are really talking about polished versus slovenly appearance. I've heard guys refer to women who are much lighter than I am as "ugly, fat chicks," and when I asked them what the cut off for "fat" is, they identified a weight almost 75 lbs lighter than I am, but then told me I'm *not* a fat chick. Since then, I've rejected this idea of fat/thin, and focused on polished/unpolished. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Charli xcx - Music, Fashion, Film Music Head 1 378 06-08-2026, 02:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Zara Larson - Midnight Sun Music Head 0 386 31-01-2026, 12:40
Last Post: Music Head
Video Changing Things Up A Bit - Madonna's La Isla Bonita Music Video Filming Locations ChrisBungo 0 593 07-10-2025, 17:23
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  NEW SONG: David Guetta, Anne-Marie & Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me Music Head 0 776 06-06-2023, 12:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW-ish SINGLE: The Feeling "there is no music" CRAZY-HORSE 0 827 13-05-2022, 22:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Sia - music CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,098 14-02-2021, 06:11
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: fun C.K. "let the music play" Novalis 2 1,343 18-08-2020, 20:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Marshmello & Anne-Marie - Friends Music Head 0 926 27-02-2018, 11:42
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: The Clientele - Music for the Age of Miracles Ruby 0 1,473 28-09-2017, 19:08
Last Post: Ruby
  Hey Violet - Guys My Age Music Head 0 760 01-02-2017, 11:23
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: