Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I just created a revolutionary idea to form a band, and I need your guys' input
An Internet-wide (worldwide) band try out campaign to recruit musicians to form a band. It’ll be promoted as an opportunity for young, creative, and aspiring musicians to join a band that’ll eventually become one of the greatest and iconic bands on Earth. It’ll be similar to answering a traditional musician wanted ad, but on a much grander scale.

To properly select the right musicians, the genres of music that the band will play will be displayed, and people can record themselves covering songs, submitting their own songs, submitting lyrics, submitting themselves jamming over a recorded backing beat, etc.

To convince people to trust my talent as well as traveling away to fully join the band, I'll connect them with industry insiders and record labels that I've been in contact with, I'll fully display my music chops, my bio and role in the band, my vision I have for the band, and my finances. Establishing music chemistry before the band members move here will also he a top priority. Half of the musician’s total traveling expenses (visa, airline travel, luggage) will be paid for, no matter the distance.

From the start of the band’s hiring process up to the band’s debut album release and beyond, people that are casually interested in the band, along with the musicians that won’t make it, will be able to follow (and share) the band’s progress through music releases, live show recordings, band updates, etc. which will eventually establish a growing fanbase as the band matures.

Goals:

• Work with viral marketing company to help establish campaign

• Have a place for the band members to stay, work, and rehearse

• Work with a record label, to convince them to show interest in the band if the campaign generates hype

• Work with a company that specializes in creating internet campaigns to make this become a big thing around the internet.

• promote this on colleges campuses, music venues, etc etc throughout the world

• Develop an easy, yet high-standard try out method, to find out who are great songwriters

Bump

Seriously guys, c'mon
scuse me
while I whip this guy

[Image: spanking.jpg]

terrible idea and don't do it again

the picture above would,according to the "do-gooders", represent not only child abuse and physical assault on a minor but also paedophillia because the litle boy has his pants pulled down!
back to the original post...

what a load of old crap!
whats wrong with forming a band the real way...you know, likeminded friends,jamming in a garage,looking to find gigs and maybe,just maybe, being fortunate enough to land a recording deal?
Sounds like Making the Band, but less interesting without the felon accused of trading homosexual favors for band membership.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:back to the original post...

what a load of old crap!
whats wrong with forming a band the real way...you know, likeminded friends,jamming in a garage,looking to find gigs and maybe,just maybe, being fortunate enough to land a recording deal?

Except this just a 21st version of the old fashioned way

Think of musicians answering an ad in a newspaper, but on a mass scale.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:back to the original post...

what a load of old crap!

Well, think of it as a major way of doing it the 'real way'. You know, it'll be like people answering a Craigslist ad in a major way.

Besides, I'd say people flying from potentially Australia to here and making it happen sounds pretty real to me, you know. In fact it'd be a bigger risk to do it that way than some guy driving 15 min. from home
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:the picture above would,according to the "do-gooders", represent not only child abuse and physical assault on a minor but also paedophillia because the litle boy has his pants pulled down!
Trust you to notice... :tongue:
Probably not much point in answering the OP since the post is two years old... but I think this method of forming a band sounds an excellent way of ensuring that the whole thing is a clinical commercial exercise. Sort of like your own private Australian Idol. (or American idol, or UK Idol, or wherever you live.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Form Your Own Fantasy Supergroup gryphon 22 2,874 18-10-2019, 21:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  T.The Red ( My Step son's Joey's band!) gryphon 4 253 30-05-2019, 14:51
Last Post: gryphon
  How did you first find out about your favourite band(s) ? gryphon 90 12,733 08-10-2018, 03:17
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  Need references to lead my band towards a new style cherryjune 2 530 22-03-2017, 20:38
Last Post: tassel
  Nitty Gritty Band Memorabilia? Jebbit 3 660 13-02-2017, 16:04
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Anybody feel like joining a band that'll be one of the biggest bands on the planet? zabrak 19 2,668 23-01-2017, 09:46
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Guys .i have some questions on becoming a film music composer. shayan0021 0 417 26-09-2016, 18:18
Last Post: shayan0021
  Songs similar to "Nuclear Mind" (No Clear Mind band)? leonid_semyonov 0 463 26-09-2016, 14:10
Last Post: leonid_semyonov
  Help me get views guys. :) it's good, check it out! Sheikh Jamil Jahangir 0 463 15-07-2016, 20:00
Last Post: Sheikh Jamil Jahangir
  Working with a band on tour. simsons 2 561 01-07-2016, 08:50
Last Post: davidksmusicschool