Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pitbull ft. Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte - We Are One
#1
enters the Billboard chart this week at #88

I don't like it
NWO stuff

[video=youtube;9W3sWiZ-iO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W3sWiZ-iO8[/video]

Reply
#2
I like Pitbull though!!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
re-enters the Billboard chart this week at #99

Reply
#4
this song is about the 2014 FIFA theme song . i think is great because in this MV has a lot of Brazil culture !
Reply
#5
What is NWO?

I like the song! Kicky - like futbol!! *laughs* I did not know it was the about the 2014 FIFA song! I love the wealth of knowledge around here.
Reply
#6
MAG2NYC Wrote:What is NWO?
sorry, just seeing this
New World Order

re-enters the Billboard chart this week at #59

Reply
#7
Thank you for explaining the acronym, Music Head!

After reading architect Anthony Ling's recent article about the price that the poor in Brazil have paid for the privilege of hosting the World Cup, I really don't like this song. http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/brazil...mmunities/

"Show the world we are one"? Please.

This made me start thinking about the politics of music, and the discussion about Lana Del Rey, who Music Head (I think) classified as "the only woman of substance" in music (I think Lorde is one as well). No matter how much I like a song, I just can't get on board with it if the politics of the artist or the message of the song runs counter to what I value (and I ran into this big time a few years ago when Godsmack released "Cryin' Like a Bitch." I loved the song, but the message was so incredibly offensive and reinforced everything I work to educated against, that I just couldn't (wouldn't?) listen to the song).

Does anyone else struggle with this - or do I just have too much time on my hands? *laughs*

Cheers!
Mary
Reply
#8
MAG2NYC Wrote:Thank you for explaining the acronym, Music Head!

After reading architect Anthony Ling's recent article about the price that the poor in Brazil have paid for the privilege of hosting the World Cup, I really don't like this song. http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/brazil...mmunities/

"Show the world we are one"? Please.

This made me start thinking about the politics of music, and the discussion about Lana Del Rey, who Music Head (I think) classified as "the only woman of substance" in music (I think Lorde is one as well). No matter how much I like a song, I just can't get on board with it if the politics of the artist or the message of the song runs counter to what I value (and I ran into this big time a few years ago when Godsmack released "Cryin' Like a Bitch." I loved the song, but the message was so incredibly offensive and reinforced everything I work to educated against, that I just couldn't (wouldn't?) listen to the song).

Does anyone else struggle with this - or do I just have too much time on my hands? *laughs*

Cheers!
Mary

You are most definitely NOT alone in this. It's a major reason most modern pop leaves me cold and why I leave it aone--I'm unwilling to wade through the rivers of swill to find good songs that don't brown my berries. This site is valuable in sorting out but with so much older stuff undiscovered, why not let time sort these out to be discovered tomorrow and tomorrow and...? Admittedly, this is a partial function of age but then mores have changed too and I'm unwilling to follow.
To answer a private question publicly, I got interested in jazz in the early 60's as a reaction to the pop swill then being purveyed--put that on hold the first time I heard a Beatles song and the Isley Brothers ...and came back to it in the mid-'90's in similar revulsion.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#9
I'm glad I'm not alone, jazzboCR!! What was the song/artist that drew your interest to jazz?
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Reply
#10
Pitbull is my favorite!!! He comes again with another HIT!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Pitbull X Lil Jon - Damn I Love Miami Music Head 0 456 01-02-2026, 13:14
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me...Now Music Head 0 785 01-03-2024, 12:58
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Pitbull - Greatest Hits Music Head 0 970 15-02-2021, 14:41
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Mariah Carey ft. Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson - Oh Santa! Music Head 0 889 19-12-2020, 12:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Jennifer Lopez ft. Cardi B & DJ Khaled - Dinero Music Head 0 956 12-06-2018, 10:53
Last Post: Music Head
  Pitbull - Climate Change Music Head 1 1,095 09-04-2017, 02:36
Last Post: SteveO
  Pitbull ft. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight Music Head 0 1,025 07-11-2016, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  Jennifer Lopez & Lin-Manuel Miranda - Love Make The World Go Round Music Head 1 1,319 21-07-2016, 06:16
Last Post: Whisper
  Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama Music Head 1 1,298 08-05-2016, 16:54
Last Post: saintking
  Pitbull ft. Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around Music Head 0 1,068 20-04-2016, 10:39
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: