05-12-2009, 16:56
...:bump2:
| Poll: What Is The Best Led Zeppelin Album? This poll is closed. |
|||
| Led Zeppelin | 13 | 25.49% | |
| II | 8 | 15.69% | |
| III | 9 | 17.65% | |
| IV | 10 | 19.61% | |
| Houses Of The Holy | 8 | 15.69% | |
| Physical Graffiti | 2 | 3.92% | |
| Presence | 0 | 0% | |
| In Through The Out Door | 0 | 0% | |
| Coda | 1 | 1.96% | |
| Total | 51 vote(s) | 100% | |
| * You voted for this item. | [Show Results] |
|
Led Zeppelin Best Album Poll - 1 of 1
|
|
14-01-2010, 08:35
It al came down to I and II and I had to be my choice. Page is just so raw compared to all the later efforts.
Tejas
18-01-2010, 22:31
III nips in ahead of Physical Graffiti.
21-04-2010, 21:01
wow, people here feel that 3 was their best, im in the right place haha
24-05-2010, 22:37
For me, Houses of the Holy. Such a great album.
12-07-2010, 11:46
For me the best was their live 'Song Remains the Same' album. They are far better live than in the studio. That live energy really comes through on that album.
12-07-2010, 17:20
If you like that one Jerome, have you heard How The West Was Won ??
![]() I like TSRTS, but this is a much better live Zep album in my humble opinion...
12-07-2010, 17:34
Haven't heard this one Tiggi - thx for the tip - will have to get a copy. Love Led Zep 'Live & Loud'. The neighbours don't agree. By the way my favourite live albums are as follows;
Led Zep - TSRTS Kansas - Two for the Show Genesis - Seconds Out Rainbow - On Stage ELP - Works Live.
12-07-2010, 18:01
^ It's worth checking out. The version I have is a triple CD, but I know there are several alternatives.
Recorded in LA in 1972, it certainly ticks the "Live & Loud" box... ... & Seconds Out is a favourite of mine, also.
10-08-2010, 20:08
I think I, II, and III are equally as great, classics if you will. But I think they actually perfected their sound on Houses Of The Holy. Sound quality/engineering/studio wise as well as their general song writing. IMO, Houses has the most flawless track listing of any album (in terms of flow and quality) and pretty much defined there next 3 albums. Physical Graffiti is a close second for me, and Presence is a pretty amazing album to (criminally looked over). IV is weird to me... Sometimes I love it, sometimes I think it's grossly over rated. I try and avoid it unless I'm really in the mood to listen to it.
Whoever wanted to know about their artwork, there's an interesting story behind IV. If I remember correctly, the label hated III, but it still sold quite well. They (the label) said fans just went out bought it because it had Led Zeppelin's name on it. Zeppelin disagreed to the point that they would only release IV with nothing on it except the track listing. Hence, the album NOT having the band name on it or an official title (I believe this album is technically cataloged as self titled though, not positive). But Zeppelin was obviously right.
"Music is amazing. There's some metaphysical comfort where it allows you to be isolated and alone while telling you that you are not alone... truly, the only cure for sadness is to share it with someone else. " © Wayne Coyne
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 | Music Head | 5 | 7,481 |
14-11-2016, 11:34 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 | Music Head | 8 | 9,433 |
29-07-2016, 15:38 Last Post: bob_32_116 |
|
| U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 | Music Head | 19 | 12,883 |
29-07-2016, 15:34 Last Post: bob_32_116 |
|
| Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 | Music Head | 21 | 18,629 |
29-07-2016, 15:23 Last Post: bob_32_116 |
|
| R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 | Music Head | 22 | 17,505 |
29-06-2016, 05:39 Last Post: Ndowar75 |
|
| Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 | Music Head | 23 | 13,426 |
23-05-2016, 15:54 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 | Music Head | 21 | 15,559 |
22-05-2016, 22:03 Last Post: dennis1077 |
|
| Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 | Music Head | 50 | 24,972 |
20-05-2016, 04:52 Last Post: bob_32_116 |
|
| Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 | Music Head | 43 | 22,782 |
20-05-2016, 00:00 Last Post: nefilim |
|
| R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 | Music Head | 12 | 8,075 |
19-05-2016, 23:59 Last Post: nefilim |
|