The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips on staying motivated?
#1
Hey guys! I've been playing guitar for a few years, and for some years I attended a private music school. I went through a rock course, and then 2 or 3 years of jazz+theory courses. The best times to me were learning how all seems to be linked theoretically, and then applying that during improvisation and all that.


However, I recently had to move to another country. A few months back, I went to another music school in here, but they only had private classes. No school that I can find in this small town has group practice that I can attend - they are either too expensive, or only a select number of people can be on the "shool's band". Having said this, I am struggling to try and stay motivated to keep practicing, but the joy of discovering something new and applying it on the guitar is something that I want to keep getting.


Having said this, I'd like to ask you the following questions:

  1. Do you recommend any self-learning guitar and music theory books?
  2. What do you do to stay motivated when you have to practice and improvise only using backing tracks? (and what resources do you use?)
  3. Do you recommend any online resources where I can learn and practice new things?



Thanks for all the help!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tips on staying motivated? - by sosippus - 30-11-2014, 17:18

Forum Jump: