25-07-2009, 22:16
Tiggi Wrote:Count Basie & His Orchestra - April in ParisExcellent Tigger! Sounds very cheap indeed.
&
Count Basie - King of Swing
Bit of a major Jazz-purchasing push going on Chez Tiggi...
These two are part of a 2-disc set which contains four original Basie albums delivered from Amazon for a total of £2.98 (That's very cheap, work it out...).
I've ordered eight sets from this series, plus box sets from Miles, & Bird (Watch this space).
Anyway, these two are fine big-band swing records.
I need a new turntable to play them on because my old one has had the Sword but, I have Basie and Ellington hanging out of my posterior. Not a great deal of Miles or Bird sadly. Although I do have a fair bit of Bird on CD. :happy:
I also have a considerable collection of Ellington and Dexter Gordon on my Hard Drives.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues
Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues
Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)


![[Image: 61INtKa0NYL._SS500_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61INtKa0NYL._SS500_.jpg)
![[Image: 41ENN0WNAXL._SS500_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ENN0WNAXL._SS500_.jpg)