18-06-2014, 06:41
latorius Wrote:I always thought SRV was overrated and if he had not passed away, he would be compared with Warren Hayes, Derek Trucks etc now. I saw him play twice in the states when I was a lot younger, he reminded me a lot of Rory Gallagher. I would certainly put SRV in the second 11 of rock/blues guitarists.
I won't waste time quibbling about where SRV was or his place at age 36--I'll take strong issue about where he might have progressed. Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are 2 strong benchmarks but SRV would be right there with them circa 2014. And where would Duane Allman stand in this Pantheon? I'm not busting, just looking for a little more understanding...and a minute of grief for our loss. "...in the second 11..." is way tough. Passion fuels us, doesn't it? Occasionally to excess...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

