16-06-2014, 22:17
Tiggi Wrote:
French pianist and his (usually) trio, take famous Classical works from assorted composers and transcribe them into their Jazz forms. This comp collects together some of the best of his numerous JS Bach translations.
If you're familiar with the originals it's interesting to hear how the band stretch and bend them into pieces which sound as if they were written as Jazz works.
A refreshing listen.
Not scored on AllMusic.
Also helicopter pilot and excellent winemaker. AMG's reluctance to rate or review his music entire is baffling, especially in light of the fact that what they do rate, they rate highly. It's not "classical lite", it's classical taken a bit of a different way. I like everything I've heard and own most. Some selections:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14AhD3xdoMk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xng_QbhHGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL5_DIPpNvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3onawJfkaw << some Vivaldi...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TMMA_AxT2k << ...and Satie--I love this piece, whoever is doing it
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR


![[Image: bach.jpg]](http://syouri.sub.jp/pic/bach.jpg)