01-03-2013, 13:35
from my library (vinyl)
![[Image: 61h2D%2BGURzL._SL500_SY300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61h2D%2BGURzL._SL500_SY300_.jpg)
As expected, nothing out there on this one. Had to go to Amazon for the cover. For those not in
the know, Al Hirt was a lengendary trumpteer from New Orleans. We saw a statue of him someplace
on our tour down Bourbon Street. Al had a few instrumental hits in the 60's with Java the most
recognized. The man had 22 albums hit the charts during the 50's-60's. Not sure where this
album fits in there but I don't hink it charted. It is a collection of songs that were
performed for the negro funeral procession. It was treated as a celebration of the deceased's
life after the brief mourning period. Not the type of tunes to chart. Nice dixieland swing
stuff. Only one track I didn't care for. Nothing to love, but a nice change of pace for me.
Also as expected, there are no clips for this album.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Pleyel's Hymn
Best Track - I Shall Not Be Moved
1) Keep On The Firing Line **
2) There's A Great Day Coming **
3) This World Is Not My Home **
4) I Shall Not Be Moved **
5) Just A Closer Walk With Thee **
6) Do Lord **
7) Just A Little While **
8) Lily Of The Valley **
9) Pleyel's Hymn *
10) Oh Didn't He Ramble **
Grade - 1.9
![[Image: 61h2D%2BGURzL._SL500_SY300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61h2D%2BGURzL._SL500_SY300_.jpg)
As expected, nothing out there on this one. Had to go to Amazon for the cover. For those not in
the know, Al Hirt was a lengendary trumpteer from New Orleans. We saw a statue of him someplace
on our tour down Bourbon Street. Al had a few instrumental hits in the 60's with Java the most
recognized. The man had 22 albums hit the charts during the 50's-60's. Not sure where this
album fits in there but I don't hink it charted. It is a collection of songs that were
performed for the negro funeral procession. It was treated as a celebration of the deceased's
life after the brief mourning period. Not the type of tunes to chart. Nice dixieland swing
stuff. Only one track I didn't care for. Nothing to love, but a nice change of pace for me.
Also as expected, there are no clips for this album.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Pleyel's Hymn
Best Track - I Shall Not Be Moved
1) Keep On The Firing Line **
2) There's A Great Day Coming **
3) This World Is Not My Home **
4) I Shall Not Be Moved **
5) Just A Closer Walk With Thee **
6) Do Lord **
7) Just A Little While **
8) Lily Of The Valley **
9) Pleyel's Hymn *
10) Oh Didn't He Ramble **
Grade - 1.9

