04-09-2010, 15:27
Cool, I am familiar with Stephane Grappeli. Believe he played with Django Rheinhardt back in the day. Theres also a fantastic live video of him playing with a young Martin Taylor circa 1980;
[video=youtube;dQYaSs4nrPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQYaSs4nrPg[/video]
Despite that, Im currently revisiting a great jazz album I havent heard for a while; Blue Mitchell's Graffiti Blues. Whilst I was at it, I decided to download a few others since it's the only album I own of his. One of them is an even later one from around '77 called 'Mapenzi' which is also very good.
[video=youtube;ql-mTYkGqVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-mTYkGqVo[/video]
[video=youtube;dQYaSs4nrPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQYaSs4nrPg[/video]
Despite that, Im currently revisiting a great jazz album I havent heard for a while; Blue Mitchell's Graffiti Blues. Whilst I was at it, I decided to download a few others since it's the only album I own of his. One of them is an even later one from around '77 called 'Mapenzi' which is also very good.
[video=youtube;ql-mTYkGqVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-mTYkGqVo[/video]

