06-02-2010, 12:16
from my library
![[Image: f0121956bgl.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f012/f0121956bgl.jpg)
Bummer. This could have been a great album. The music that is there is great. It's just the lack of it. First off it is a very short album, clocking in at around 30 minutes. 12 tracks most at around 2:30 minutes. Editing is terrible, with fade outs on most tracks, some in the middle of a verse. Then the mix is one of those where vocals are on one side and music on the other. I prefer to listen under headphones, but couldn't do that with this one. I have this right ear problem, pretty much gone, which prohibits that pleasure. Putting all that aside, these are good songs. What's not to like about traditional blues?
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Run On
Best Track - I'll Know Tonight
1) No Shoes - ** - audio
YouTube - 'No Shoes' -John Lee Hooker
2) I Wanna Walk - **
3) Canal Street Blues - *
4) Run On - * - audio
YouTube - John Lee Hooker -run on
5) I'm A Stranger - **
6) Whiskey And Wimmen - *** - audio
YouTube - Whiskey + Women
7) Solid Sender - ***
8) Sunny Land - ***
9) Goin' To California - *
10) I Can't Believe - *
11) I'll Know Tonight - ***
12) Dusty Road - **
Rating - 2.1
![[Image: f0121956bgl.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f012/f0121956bgl.jpg)
Bummer. This could have been a great album. The music that is there is great. It's just the lack of it. First off it is a very short album, clocking in at around 30 minutes. 12 tracks most at around 2:30 minutes. Editing is terrible, with fade outs on most tracks, some in the middle of a verse. Then the mix is one of those where vocals are on one side and music on the other. I prefer to listen under headphones, but couldn't do that with this one. I have this right ear problem, pretty much gone, which prohibits that pleasure. Putting all that aside, these are good songs. What's not to like about traditional blues?
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Run On
Best Track - I'll Know Tonight
1) No Shoes - ** - audio
YouTube - 'No Shoes' -John Lee Hooker
2) I Wanna Walk - **
3) Canal Street Blues - *
4) Run On - * - audio
YouTube - John Lee Hooker -run on
5) I'm A Stranger - **
6) Whiskey And Wimmen - *** - audio
YouTube - Whiskey + Women
7) Solid Sender - ***
8) Sunny Land - ***
9) Goin' To California - *
10) I Can't Believe - *
11) I'll Know Tonight - ***
12) Dusty Road - **
Rating - 2.1

