28-01-2010, 11:58
from my library
![[Image: 200px-John_Coltrane_-_Blue_Train.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/68/John_Coltrane_-_Blue_Train.jpg/200px-John_Coltrane_-_Blue_Train.jpg)
The Legend. Passed on in 1967 at the age of 40 of liver cancer. Although he had been around for a bit, his association with Miles Davis brought him to the forefront of the jazz scene. Miles fired him because of his heroin addiction, but later hired him back. Also a member of Thelonious Monks band. This album is rather short track wise with 5 cuts, but they are lengthy. There are also 2 alternate takes which are indistinguishable from the original to me, but I'm sure the Coltrane enthusiasts can spot the difference. Did not grade those. This has been my heavy rotation album for the week, as it is on my mp3, and I put the earbuds in as I'm going to sleep. Nothing like some good sax before you nod off.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Locomotion
Best Track - I'm Old Fashioned
1) Blue Train - *** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Blue train
2) Moments Notice - ** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Moment's Notice
3) Locomotion - * - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Locomotion
4) I'm Old Fashioned - *** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - I'm Old Fashioned
5) Lazy Bird - * - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Lazy Bird
6) Blue Train - alternate take
7) Lazy Bird - alternate take
Average Rating - 2.0
The Legend. Passed on in 1967 at the age of 40 of liver cancer. Although he had been around for a bit, his association with Miles Davis brought him to the forefront of the jazz scene. Miles fired him because of his heroin addiction, but later hired him back. Also a member of Thelonious Monks band. This album is rather short track wise with 5 cuts, but they are lengthy. There are also 2 alternate takes which are indistinguishable from the original to me, but I'm sure the Coltrane enthusiasts can spot the difference. Did not grade those. This has been my heavy rotation album for the week, as it is on my mp3, and I put the earbuds in as I'm going to sleep. Nothing like some good sax before you nod off.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - Locomotion
Best Track - I'm Old Fashioned
1) Blue Train - *** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Blue train
2) Moments Notice - ** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Moment's Notice
3) Locomotion - * - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Locomotion
4) I'm Old Fashioned - *** - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - I'm Old Fashioned
5) Lazy Bird - * - audio
YouTube - John Coltrane - Lazy Bird
6) Blue Train - alternate take
7) Lazy Bird - alternate take
Average Rating - 2.0

