31-05-2024, 17:22
Was not at all sure where to put Mr Morrison. I've been listening to Inarticulate Speech of the Heart which is by turns both inarticulate and lyrical.
![[Image: 220px-VanMorrisonInarticulateSpeechCover.jpg]](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0b/VanMorrisonInarticulateSpeechCover.jpg/220px-VanMorrisonInarticulateSpeechCover.jpg)
It's grown on me. According to what I have read the inarticulate part is more a question of not having to articulate everything you want to convey in actual words, hence a few instrumentals on this album. Or with vocalese but not language.
And then I picked up Moondance for the car today, which I have not listened to in aeons. It's a pretty perfect album, IMHO. I first heard this at about 16 years old, sneaking into a friend's older brother's room and playing his records, LOL. It was enchanting. This and Vangelis's China. Huge impressions were made.
It's grown on me. According to what I have read the inarticulate part is more a question of not having to articulate everything you want to convey in actual words, hence a few instrumentals on this album. Or with vocalese but not language.
And then I picked up Moondance for the car today, which I have not listened to in aeons. It's a pretty perfect album, IMHO. I first heard this at about 16 years old, sneaking into a friend's older brother's room and playing his records, LOL. It was enchanting. This and Vangelis's China. Huge impressions were made.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

