24-11-2021, 12:22
CHRIS DE BURGH "power of ten" cd, 1992
his tenth.
i seriously need to check how many i have because i cannot remember off the top of my head...
more soft rock here with ever reliable De Burgh...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM
favourite:
Well Brother John went down to the garden,
On a long hot summer's day.
To watch that girl he would hide in the shadows,
As she worked the time away,
With her long black hair and her eyes of fire,
And a body to drive men crazy,
It was on that day there would be a change,
In the world of Brother John;
She felt his eyes and she walked up beside him,
And she took him by the hand,
She said, "Brother John, it's so hard to be holy,
Would you like to be a man?
I will meet you tonight at the monastery wall,
If you're there we will find out together,"
And the Devil said, "There's a place in hell,
For the soul of Brother John;"
Hallelujah! Temptation is here,
It's not a dream anymore,
Hallelujah! It's finally here,
I've been waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting...
Well Brother John lay tossing and turning,
In his bed in the heat of the night,
He heard his name and he went to the window,
Where she was in the clear moonlight,
Oh the sins of the flesh are too much to deny,
He was lost to her body forever,
And the Devil laughed and the angels cried,
For the soul of Brother John;
Hallelujah! Temptation is here,
It's not a dream anymore,
Hallelujah! It's finally here,
I've been waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

