02-11-2018, 15:22
BILLY JOEL "storm front" cd, 1989:
his eleventh of thirteen studio albums...
his fifth and final of the decade (I own all five, its my favourite period of his music)…
I own seven overall and a compilation...
#1 in the US/AU, top 10 everywhere else...
multi platinum in his homeland, platinum just about everywhere else...
seven singles off it, the biggie was "we didn't start the fire" which even though is not my favourite
on the album is by far the most cleverest, that one details major events from the year he was born right
up to 1989...
love four of the tracks on here, tough call between the two ballads "Leningrad" and "Downeaster 'alexa' ".
Alexa wins out though on this occasion...
all up, another classy album from Jelly Bowl...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
least favourite track: state of grace
favourite track: the Downeaster 'alexa'
tracks:
1....that's not her style ***
2....we didn't start the fire **
3....the Downeaster 'alexa' ***
4....I go to extremes ***
5....shameless ***
6....storm front **
7....Leningrad ***
8....state of grace **
9....when in Rome **
10..and so it goes **
3s - 5
2s - 5
1s - 0
rating: 2.5
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

