24-01-2018, 02:21
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2018, 02:25 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
![[Image: 510PPJf4h8L._AC_US218_.jpg]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510PPJf4h8L._AC_US218_.jpg)
NEIL FINN "out of silence" cd, 2017:
fifth studio solo album....
don't expect the pop jingles of Crowded House/Split Enz because you aint gonna get it...
piano based melancholy orchestrated songs here...
we see Finn in a reflective mood on this one, not reflective as in 'disappointments' and 'should have beens..' , just
looking back on the life he has had, no regrets!
older brother Tim pops up on one track, a lovely surprise...
album tracks were rehearsed live via his website every Friday for a couple of months, I watched some of them
and it was interesting to view the process of creating music/songs and obviously how they evolve to the finished product...
a classy album from whom I consider to be the best pop songwriter since Lennon/McCartney showed the world how to do it!
a classy album fro
the superb opening ,almost Lennon-esque, track:
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

