26-01-2017, 10:23
![[Image: 61QAKxbULUL._AC_US160_.jpg]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61QAKxbULUL._AC_US160_.jpg)
THE GABE DIXON BAND "the gabe dixon band" cd, 2008
career stats:
studio albums............3
one of those $3 discount bin ones I purchased some time ago...
never heard of them which is why I bought this, I figure you cant go wrong at that price(well, most of the time anyway)....
figured it would be folky or country from the album cover and band name but I was wrong...
soft rock/easy listening...
mostly piano based ballads with some almost early 1970s Elton John type soft rock...
even some of the melodies could have been lifted from early EJ....
I just read on Wiki the band was influenced by Jackson Browne, Billy Joel, and of course, Elton John...
also according to Wiki, Gabe himself played on McCartney's 2001 album Driving Rain and Macca wanted him to join his
live band, Gabe didn't join, he was working on his own stuff and time didn't permit, so, one, he must be good for the likes
of Macca to have him play on an album, and two, what an honour, being asked to play in Macca's live band!
anyway, back to the album, a very, very good album with Elton all over it, one of the best discount bin surprises I ever bought.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
worst track: disappear
best track: till youre gone
[video=youtube;UiBlUEe9crI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBlUEe9crI[/video]
tracks:
1...disappear *
2...five more hours **
3...further the sky **
4...all will be well ***
5...find my way ***
6...till youre gone ***
7...far from home **
8...even after you **
9...and the world turned ***
10.sirens ***
11.baby doll **
....further the sky (reprise)
3s=5
2s=5
1s=1
rating: 2.4
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

