25-10-2016, 11:05
Hi
My opinion is that a book is always good to have, for offline periods and a chord tutorial is also good to have included...
But a "live" teacher showing finger positions and transitions is better than photos and written text, even if it is Youtube but then a combo is probably the way to go and then experience will tell what suits best
And I definitely agrre with Jerome, I have experienced this stagnation in my playing - which sometimes gets boring, playing the same songs in the same way, switching between fingerpicking and strumming and/or songs is not enough variation to keep up the fun in the long run... and I have yet to learn the scales and solo playing after more than 30 years of fingerpicking...
Bought myself my first Electric guitar and a simple amp - that is a new variation to me. different techique and FUN (especially when maximal distortion a volume is allowed
)
My opinion is that a book is always good to have, for offline periods and a chord tutorial is also good to have included...
But a "live" teacher showing finger positions and transitions is better than photos and written text, even if it is Youtube but then a combo is probably the way to go and then experience will tell what suits best
And I definitely agrre with Jerome, I have experienced this stagnation in my playing - which sometimes gets boring, playing the same songs in the same way, switching between fingerpicking and strumming and/or songs is not enough variation to keep up the fun in the long run... and I have yet to learn the scales and solo playing after more than 30 years of fingerpicking...
Bought myself my first Electric guitar and a simple amp - that is a new variation to me. different techique and FUN (especially when maximal distortion a volume is allowed
)

