17-05-2016, 08:09
LISA MARIE PRESLEY "to whom it may concern" cd, 2003
career stats:
studio albums...........3
singles.....................6
this album..........#8 US...#52 UK
singles:
"lights out".........#29 AU...#16 UK...#28 NZ
"sinking in".........no chart action
ok, I know....!
you guys know im a huge fan of Elvis Presley so I had to get this when it was released because, well,
its Presley's daughter....
a soft rock feel happening on this one....
vocal quality is similar to Alannah Miles in places and a touch of Melissa Etheridge in others...
Lisa writes all her own songs( or co-writes them) on this one....
the big problem I have with it is the use of the old F-Bomb, and its not once or twice, its in a lot
of the songs on numerous occasions (im surprised this wasn't issued with a 'parental warning' sticker
back in the day!
Presley can sing but I just don't like the songs...
a disappointing effort IMO, but she was never going to live up to the hype of Elvis (like Julian with John, but I like Jules)
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
worst track: S.O.B
best track: lights out
[video=youtube;3rsxwzDWIk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rsxwzDWIk4[/video]
tracks:
1...S.O.B *
2...the road between *
3...lights out **
4...better beware *
5...nobody noticed it *
6...sinking in **
7...important *
8...so lovely *
9...indifferent *
10.gone *
11.to whom it may concern *
3s=0
2s=2
1s=9
rating: 1.2
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

