18-09-2015, 03:47
CAT STEVENS "teaser and the firecat" cd, 1971
career stats(as Cat Stevens)
studio albums.....................11
singles...............................26
this album..........................#2 UK...#2 US...#1 AU...#2 CAN...#25 NZ
singles:
"moon shadow"................#22 UK...#30 US...#18 AU...#26 CAN...#37 NZ
"peace train"...................................#7 US....#3 AU.....#3 CAN...# 14 NZ
"Tuesday's dead"..........................................#3 AU
"morning has broken".........#9 UK....#6 US.....#4 AU.....#4 CAN...#1 NZ
Cat's follow up release to Tillerman....
songs in a similar sort of vein....
album spent fifteen weeks on top of the Aussie charts in 1971....
this one was the biggest selling of his career and spawned his two biggest hits,
I prefer this over Tea For The Tillermanbut only just.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
worst track: how can I tell you
best track: peace train
[video=youtube;7sjSHazjrWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjSHazjrWg[/video]
tracks:
1...the wind **
2...rubylove **
3...if I laugh **
4...changes IV ***
5...how can I tell you **
6...Tuesday's dead ***
7...morning has broken ***
8...bitterblue **
9...moonshadow ***
10.peace train ***
3s=5
2s=5
1s=0
rating: 2.5
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

