Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
I want to listen properly today. Tried yesterday but was rudely interrupted by work!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Work is one of the four letter words...
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Ok, so this is how I hear it - there are two very distinct segments - frivolous, scattered motifs going on in the first part – flighty, mercurial, unpindownable (pardon the invented word), and then a change in pace and a settling down from around 10 minutes on - like a tide that has receded in frothy lacy bits then gathered itself before surging purposefully back - a literal ebb and flow. The second part is much more cohesive and has more depth and deliberation, a sort of moving forward – I like those tinkly bell sounds at the beginning of the segment; under headphones, this half has a more complete sound around my whole head, if you know what I mean. I’m not sure I know what I mean, but there it is! 

Lots of the four letter ‘w’ word here – good job! Do you notate your music at all Jerome? Just curious.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
I rotate my music

(14-09-2020, 18:03)Ruby Wrote: Ok, so this is how I hear it - there are two very distinct segments - frivolous, scattered motifs going on in the first part – flighty, mercurial, unpindownable (pardon the invented word), and then a change in pace and a settling down from around 10 minutes on - like a tide that has receded in frothy lacy bits then gathered itself before surging purposefully back - a literal ebb and flow. The second part is much more cohesive and has more depth and deliberation, a sort of moving forward – I like those tinkly bell sounds at the beginning of the segment; under headphones, this half has a more complete sound around my whole head, if you know what I mean. I’m not sure I know what I mean, but there it is! 

Lots of the four letter ‘w’ word here – good job! Do you notate your music at all Jerome? Just curious.

Geez - are you psychic??? Exactly what I was aiming for. And I composed it in 2 very distinct and separate periods of time - so you got that right as well. Thanks for taking the time - had to look up the word 'mercurial' - sounds like my personality!!! I hate predictability - it makes life boring.

No I don't notate my music Ruby - who in their right mind would want to try and play this sort of stuff. And part two is going to be the reverse of part one. Starting off with a deliberate moving forward and then dissolving into more frivolous scattered motifs - that's why I mentioned the sound of birds somewhere in this thread - that's how it's going to finish off. Ebb becomes flow and flow becomes ebb.  

I use MIDI a lot - a sort of digital language which communicates between the keyboards and VST's - software synthesizers of which I have at least about a hundred or so. If I am using one of my analogue synths then the output is direct into the mixing desk or workstation. When you use MIDI the music can be automatically notated but I don't bother with that - taught myself to read music a long time ago but then decided to ignore the rules and just do what I feel fits - whether it does or not. When you work in the analogue realm you have to notate by hand - with MIDI it's automatically done for you.

Anyway - it is what it is - Maybe someone will get some enjoyment out of it - who knows - either way since I have posted it the hits on my website have skyrocketed ( I get daily stats from my new host provider) and from some of the most bizarre places as well - Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan and China to mention a few. 

Been working on Part 2 for the last few hours but I have to go and get ready for work now - there's that four letter word again. And my boss has just texted me to say that he isn't going to be in for the next 2 weeks and has to self-isolate so I've got his job to do as well - marvellous. 

Too de loo
shes too bloody good for us lot Jerome...
^No she's not. She's just a regular Josephine who is bumbling along through life like everyone else (except sensible people who plan their lives), occasionally (but not often) getting something right! Lol!
^^
im glad you didnt say "thumbing your way through life" LOL
(15-09-2020, 10:41)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: shes too bloody good for us lot Jerome...

Oh I agree wholeheartedly - the lady is light years ahead of us. I find it hard to keep up sometimes.
(13-09-2020, 06:59)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: im a nut-job according to Dani so i'll give it a go sometime this week mate

Marriage is a contract between a man and a woman 

The man hopes the woman will never change and she ALWAYS does
The woman hopes the man will change and he NEVER does

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 849 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 1,149 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 822 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 971 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,445 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7